The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. pthompson

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

And the other:
  2. pthompson

Sometimes I hate my website.
  3. pthompson

Don't know why my website link isn't producing an image...I'll work on it.
  4. pthompson

So nice to see this thread revive, if only shortly! Seeing these images again reinforces my love for this little camera - and my sadness over the decision to discontinue it. I am currently having a gallery exhibition which consists primarily of large (20" x 32") images from my Leica M8 and...
  5. pthompson

How about more and more fun with Canon...

Beautiful shots - especially the last!
  6. pthompson

"Discreet" shutter on the M8: First impressions

I was surprised at how quiet the recocking portion of the shutter function actually is when it is separated from the shutter release...I guess that is another way of saying that the initial click is louder than I thought. But here is what I really like - it works as advertised, for free. Two...
  7. pthompson

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Re: More and more fun with M8 images I love this thread - T.R., your winter shots are wonderful, and hard-earned given the temperatures! I got the 50 cron two years ago because it was affordable (comparatively), and I have come to love using this lens. Here is a shot of a friend at an art...
  8. pthompson

Re: More and more fun with M8 images I love the way the M8 handles all sorts of color and exposure situations. Here are a couple of snapshots of poinsettias in the afternoon sunlight that would give my Canons fits. Minimal post work...
  9. pthompson

Re: More and more fun with M8 images Tom, the color in these two pictures is sublime...
  10. pthompson

Re: More and more fun with M8 images Jaap - That is a terrific portrait...
  11. pthompson

M8 Abstracts...

Morning light on my slate entryway... M8/50mm2.0
  12. pthompson

Re: More and more fun with M8 images I love this image....Nice!
  13. pthompson

How about more and more fun with Canon...

I was looking at some 5D/135L pics relative to Don's other thread re: favorite primes...decided to post this here instead. I took this last July wandering around my yard, waiting for my new M8 to arrive. When I got the files on my computer, I thought "what the hell am I doing buying another...
  14. pthompson

M8 Abstracts...

One of the first images I made with my new M8/50mm2.0 - the character of the detail in this picture of 'nothing' convinced me that this was the camera for me.
  15. pthompson

Official Leica Press Releases PMA 2008

You have to wonder how many Board meetings it took to decide on those PMA press releases...:wtf:
  16. pthompson

size is relative

The Canon FT has been my main camera since I bought it new in 1967 (replaced a Kodak rangefinder). People generally blame the pentaprism when they point to the large size of slr's, but it's really all the auto stuff and power sources that have bloated the things. Here are two manual cameras...
  17. pthompson

Christmas Gifts

Got myself the stocking stuffers -- Gordy's camera strap, Tim's Thumbs Up, a Kirk base plate, and a 1.25 viewfinder. But I could have done better, if i could only decide on the right 90MM. :D:D
  18. pthompson

Don't Whine about White Balance

Sorry, Bob. I must have gotten you confused with the original poster...
  19. pthompson

Bob - using AWB with the M8 is pretty pointless; much better to select a setting, or do a custom setting. Of course, you can correct almost anything in a RAW conversion, so the issue is pretty academic. I couldn't tell from your post if you are aware that 3900+12 is the coolest of only three...
  20. pthompson

When it comes to color temperature, some situations are basically impossible to sort out; this looks to be one of them. Did you shoot this with AWB, or on one of the camera's WB settings? Any post-processing adjustments? This does look too warm on my screen... When it comes to white balance...