The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ryc

Zeiss Milvus 135. No brainer.

Been thinking of the new 105 or the Sigma 85. Although both seem great, they just didn't fill the focal length just right. But, the new Milvus is simply the crown jewel. Lots of samples here Zeiss Milvus 135mm f2 APO Sonnar. Unreal! | JORGE TORRALBA
  2. ryc

zeiss contest for free loxia or batis

Just a heads up for Sony users. Have a look at this years contest where you could win a loxia or batis! zeissimages.com Forums - 2016 - ZeissImages Contest Sponsored by Zeiss
  3. ryc

Zeiss 135mm 1.8 Sony A mount LNIB

One of my all time favorite lenses. This is a USA model in new condition in the box and late production unit. This is truly an amazing lens. Unfortunately, it must go now. pp as gift, I will include free priority mail shipping. Hey, I will even include a B+W UV filter. 1100.00 PP as gift You...
  4. ryc

Brand new Nikon 85mm 1.4 G

I bought this lens brand new last week from an authorized dealer in Portland. It is really new! Bad thing for me is the store does not accept returns. Only exchanges. So, I am stuck with a lens I really don't want. I will sell it brand new with the original receipt so you can register it...
  5. ryc

Zeiss Batis 85 or Milvus 85

I ended up with both lenses for now and wrote up a little comparison between the two with some sample images. Zeiss Civil War. Batis 85mm 1.8 vs Milvus 85mm 1.4 | JORGE TORRALBA Thanks
  6. ryc

Just listed the SL in the classifieds

In case you are interested. This is my Craigslist ad. http://www.getdpi.com/forum/gear-fs-or-wtb/57383-fs-leica-sl-type-601-lnib.html
  7. ryc

FS: Leica SL Type 601 LNIB

My SL is up for sale. I put it on local Craigslist with pictures. Asking: 6800.00 easier to show you that than add pictures here :) http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pho/5401177749.html PM me if interested and I will call you or you can call me. Trying to avoid PP fees.
  8. ryc

Nikon D4S. LNIB. < 300 clicks. USA plus extras.

This is a like new in the box USA version of a Nikon D4S. Includes extra battery, XQD 32GB card and XQD reader. Purchased at pro photo supply in Portland 13 months ago and has less than 300 clicks Three Hundred. That is not a typo. $4600.00 paypal as gift, money owed, check, or anything else...
  9. ryc

Leica stuff !!! Monochrom, X

******* Leica X Type 113 Silver LNIB ******* 1675.00 This camera is practically new. It's just not my style. http://www.leicaimages.com/gallery/4/med_U4I1451856120.SEQ.0.jpg http://www.leicaimages.com/gallery/4/med_U4I1451856123.SEQ.3.jpg...
  10. ryc

My A7RII and the 85 Milvus

Been playing with the new Milvus 85 and a7rii. It is huge and not well suited for the a7 series. But, it is spectacular ! Here is what I wrote about it Zeiss Milvus 85mm and Sony A7RII and here is a sample
  11. ryc

My 450mm F4 Setup :)

Yea maybe a little over the top. But, it works great! :)
  12. ryc

Nikon D810 USA

So I did something stupid. I wanted an Sony A99 and spontaneously bought a Nikon D810 instead. Why would I do that? I was intending to do wildlife photography but the allure of a long lens is now gone and the lack of EVF has me bothered :) Needless to say. I don't want to keep it. The camera is...
  13. ryc

Sony / Zeiss blowout

First of all, let me state all items include original packaging, are US models, not registered with warranty yet and could be sold as new if I had a store. ***** Please Read ****** Firm on price. all payments must be made with deposit to wells fargo or check. ********************** Sony...
  14. ryc

WTB: Sony A99

Looking for a mint condition low shutter count US Version A99 at a smoking deal. I can get it new for 25% off but want an even better deal :) Thanks!
  15. ryc

Monochrom gallery

Some amazing photographs with the Leica Monochrom mainly using Zeiss glass Photo Gallery | The Zeiss Free Online Photo Gallery
  16. ryc

Issues with aperture dial on A7II ?????

So, to my surprise I seem to be having issues with the A7II and the aperture dial. If I set the camera to manual, I can change the aperture with the rear dial but when I turn the front dial, it only changes shutter speed between two adjacent values. If I customize the dial functions and...
  17. ryc

Zeiss 85mm 1.4 ZA for Sony LNIB with Warranty!

This lens is like new in box. I bought about a year ago directly from Sony and used it to take maybe 5 pictures. You could not tell this apart any any way from one at the store. The lens was still within the 1 year warranty and I just purchased this evening, the Sony 2 year extended warranty...
  18. ryc

Loxia 50mm LNIB

Can't get rid of all my A mount so the Loxia's are going. 850.00 free shipping in the USA. If youwant to secure the purchase and not wait for email PM ping pong, you can buy it here with paypal camerapeddler.com | Listing 217 | Zeiss Loxia 50mm f2.0 Planar Thanks
  19. ryc

dumb question on focus point selection A7II

Ok, So I have been shooting with the loxias pretty much all the time. Now I decided to try my other ZA lenses with the LAEA4 adapter. I am talking using my newer lenses with SSM. Problem is that when I try to move my focus points with the dial by pressing up, down, left , right it does not...
  20. ryc

Lots of Zeiss for Sony

All lenses are for Sony A mount cameras like A99,A77,A900,A850 ..... All lenses are in NEW condition with original boxes papers and wrappings. All lenses ar USA models purchased directly from Sony Zeiss 50mm 1.4 - $1100.00 ( price new 1500 ) Zeiss 24mm 2.0 - $1000.00 ( price new 1400 )...