The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

High altitude hiking trip gear thoughts?

I dont have the 20-35 unfortunately. I can buy it if it is a good optic? I do have the 110 and the 50. The 100-200 is not recommended as a zoom? I would think more range.
  2. B

Thought I'd post an update. I was debating not taking any equipment after this thread. But then I decided it's a great trip so we just hired an extra porter specifically for camera gear. So I am probably goong to carry my gfx and techno (probably will use it rarely the techno of conditions...
  3. B

I actually have an m10 r and was thinking if I should take that instead. Much lighter weight compared to MF. The issue for me is while I don't print very large I love the files from MF in terms of color and latitude.
  4. B

Yea I am planning to carry double the weight of what I will on the mountain. That’s what I have read to do. I have a few 10k ish plus peaks nearby so will be hiking those. I am a big guy 220 6’2 so I am hoping 15 -20 lbs of total load should be manageable. They say 20% max body weight but I am...
  5. B

Maybe time to get out my old rx1rii. Making me think twice about the camera gear. Although my bailout option was just to give gear to the porter to carry if I couldn’t swing it. I might try gfx / 50 3.5 / 100-200.
  6. B

Oh haha don't worry I'm not one of those... I live in Los Angeles area too so that comment was slightly warranted as well lol. I took it in jest.
  7. B

Yea the issue is I wouldn't want to buy a whole new system for one trip. Another lightweight option could be GFX 100 II 45-100 gf 30mm Totals at around 5lbs vs the 7lbs for the 32-64 and the 100-200 combined.
  8. B

Oh wow thank you for that link. We have been trying to brainstorm ways to acclimatize, I am definitely going to rent that equipment. I am aware of the oxygen levels at the pass and I have been stressing extra acclimatization days for me and my father (both of us are thalassemic) so we are...
  9. B

I have thalassemia so I already get 30%-40% less oxygen compared to normal males.
  10. B

I am 90% sure I am going to suffer at altitude. I think I will drop the techno thoughts and maybe leave that in Delhi for when I come back. As for the gfx any benefit to take the new shift lenses coming out or will I be giving up too much range. I don’t really think I should buy one due to me...
  11. B

Thank you for the insight, I too am itching to take my techno and I do question if it is the wise thing to do. It really helps to get feedback from someone experienced with trekking. The group I am going with I think will be a bit slow compared to most. I am going with my father and his...
  12. B

Interesting thoughts. Safety is not a factor. In terms of fitness I am currently training for the trek but I would say not great but not horrible. More info: We will have porters to carry our main stuff and clothing etc. so I will really just be carrying my camera equipment and essentials...
  13. B

Hi I am wondering if anyone here has taken their tech camera to many high altitude places while hiking? I am going to be heading to Nepal and doing the Annapurna circuit trek for 15 days and am wondering if I should take my linhof techno kit or just a simpler setup like gfx100 and maybe with...
  14. B

Advice (technical) camera paired with Credo 60 and/or H6D-100C

One more vote for Techno from me. It is what I use, I chose it because you get lots of flexibility in movements, tilt and shift without expensive mounts. You can experiment with different lenses without spending an arm and a leg. And it is fairly precise, I found it more precise than the cambo...
  15. B

Technique for lcc correction for lenses with extreme light falloff

I see i am definitely not getting a sharp peak in the histogram its more like a large plateau. I have tried quite a large range of LCC exposure settings and they all seem to yield similar results. I had no idea this feature existed I had to go look it up in the iq4 manual. I am definitely...
  16. B

I tried experimenting with that but I am not sure if I should do the lcc in dual exposure as well? or Just the image with dual exposure than apply a normal lcc file.
  17. B

I do have an iq4. I am shooting interiors as well and the corners just get way too dark. So when I use the lcc it adds quite a lot of noise in the corners. Was trying to clean that up a bit. I am not using flash so maybe that is something I have to consider.
  18. B

Hi I am curious how do you handle LCC corrections for lenses with extreme light falloff. I have a Schneider 28XL and I dont have a center filter for it. So what is the best way to lift the corners while correcting the image for lcc as well? I guess I am not clear on how to exposure blend...
  19. B

IQ4150 Hot Pixels getting worse

I mean the pre recorded black frame. Not to create one. Page 98 from the manual: