The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

DP Review Forum to Close

Their reviews were rather objective, maybe too objective, with no incentive for manufacturers to pay premium for honest reviews, unlike some YouTubers who will be more than happy to give a sponsored opinion. Shame about all historical reviews/data. Poof! Gone in a click. Hope the top...
  2. R

Nikon Z with Zeiss 28mm ZM F2.8

After reading countless reviews I gave up the idea of a compact rangefinder lens in the end due to softness and colour cast issues stemming from differences in sensor design. Since my original I have purchased a sigma 28mm 1.4 art - really beautiful rendering but only use it for assignments...
  3. R

TRADED/GONE - RZ67 PRO IID + HX701 + 50mm 3.5 + Smallrig 2222 + Zinstax

That is a very fair price, good luck with the sale!
  4. R

Sublimation Printers

An absolutely valid point, especially for non-commercial, low volume printing. That initial outlay of almost £1000 will buy you a lot of prints, especially if one orders in bulk once every few months. I know. I have been promised some sample prints from UK DNP dealers to verify if the...
  5. R

Sublimation Printers

Thanks Martin. Indeed there isn't. I am trying to get hold of some prints (a UK dealer have kindly offered to print a few for me) from a DS620 to compare against the Selphy.
  6. R

Sublimation Printers

Hi All, I have always had issues with Ink jet printers due to infrequent use (clogged heads mainly); not printing daily but more like once a week or every other week. I use a Canon Selphy CP1300 printer for editing work (shoot selection) & printing odd personal snapshots but I have never been...
  7. R

Nikon Z with Zeiss 28mm ZM F2.8

Hi all, My Ricoh GRII has been playing up and I am now toying with an idea of throwing a compact 28mm lens on a Z7 for travel. I previously used zeiss' ZF mount lenses with the FTZ adapter but it made the camera too bulky for the intended purpose. The rendering (especially colour separation)...
  8. R

[FS] Mamiya 645 DF Remote Release Cable

Bump for the Mamiya 645 AFD DF remote release cable only. All RZ equipment now sold.
  9. R

X-PAN

Excellent use of the format!
  10. R

Sigma 135mm 1.8 Art on Z7 (vs 85mm 1.8 Z)

The first example differs in zoom ratio, hence the indiscernible FOV difference. Here's another overview of the scene with two corresponding 100% views. Not ideal day for comparisons as the heat was radiating off of the roofs so has to be factored in. Still, gives an idea of the IQ differences...
  11. R

Sigma 135mm 1.8 Art on Z7 (vs 85mm 1.8 Z)

Hi All, I thought I'd share some interesting discoveries regarding the Sigma Art 135mm 1.8 lens. I initially posted the question in the Nikon Z 70-200 2.8 thread as I wanted a telephoto lens that would give me more compression than Nikon's 85mm 1.8S but was hesitant whether the new zoom would...
  12. Nikon 85mm 1.8s vs Sigma Art 135mm 1.8

Nikon 85mm 1.8s vs Sigma Art 135mm 1.8

13. Sigma Art 135mm Left Nikon 85mm 1i8 Z Right at f1i8 .jpg

Sigma Art 135mm Left Nikon 85mm 1i8 Z Right at f1i8 .jpg

14. Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f1i8.jpg

Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f1i8.jpg

15. Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f2i8.jpg

Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f2i8.jpg

16. Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f4.jpg

Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f4.jpg

17. Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f5i6 Nikon caught up.jpg

Nikon Left vs Sigma Right at f5i6 Nikon caught up.jpg