The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

fat pixel digital backs

Here's a little fun with fat pixels. I thought the mushrooms needed a little something so I decided that Harry Potter and friends needed to find their way to it. Hasselblad 553ELX, 120mm f/4, Phase One P25 Hasselblad 553ELX, 180mm f/4, Phase One P25
  2. N

Fun with MF images 2024

Here's a little fun with medium format. Hasselblad 553ELX, 180mm f/4, Phase One P25
  3. N

Fun with MF images 2024

I love this photo! Great job!
  4. N

Fun with MF images 2024

Hasselblad 500 c/m, Phase One P25, 120mm f/4 Makro Planar, 16mm extension, 1:2 magnification Escallonia
  5. N

fat pixel digital backs

I'm still rockin' my P25. I guess one day I'll update it especially since the hot pixels are getting rather abundant, but since Capture One automatically gets rid of them I'll stick with it a little longer. Here are some shots I took of the flowers I normally never looked at and used a hedge...
  6. N

Fun with Nikon Images 2023

Girl at the Rose Garden D810, Nikon 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 One of the things I like to do is to go into Photoshop and use one of their neural filters to see how the photo would look as a painting. I applied it to this photo and I really, really liked it. In fact, I liked it so much that I ended up...
  7. N

fat pixel digital backs

This place is getting pretty quiet. I'm starting to believe that everyone is replacing their fat pixel backs for some shiny, new, ultra-MP sensor. Here's one from yesterday. Hasselblad 553ELX, 120mm f/4, Phase One P25
  8. N

Fun with MF images 2023

My wife wanted a photo of all the flowers that had grown in the front yard. I failed. I only got close-ups. Oops. Hasselblad 553ELX, 120mm, Phase One P25
  9. N

Hassy 60/3.5 or 50/4 for CFV II?

Here are a few more photos taken with the 60mm CF on digital and film. https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVSyBVd
  10. N

fat pixel digital backs

1941 Cadillac Flying Lady Goddess Hasselblad 553ELX, 60mm f/3.5 CF, Kodak DCS Pro Back Plus
  11. N

Orion Nebula D810, Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 ED-IF Ai-S
  12. N

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

I took these photos in 1996 but it wasn't until today that I put them together. I liked the way it looked. Hasselblad 553ELX, 60mm CF.
  13. N

A star image

I was able to recreate the star shape. I tried using the 120mm and the 180mm but I couldn't recreate the shape. Only the 80mm was able to make the star shape. In order to get the shape I'm guessing it depends on how bright the object is along with the clouds. As you can see Jupiter is round but...
  14. N

A star image

I think the clouds also contributed to the shape. Jupiter up on top had a slight effect, but not really the full star shape. You're definitely right about the shape of the aperture blades creating the look. I just thought it was really cool seeing that star shape.
  15. N

A star image

I always like when the moon turned into a sunburst, but it confused people when I showed the picture to them. I hope you get to take pictures of the Northern Lights.
  16. N

A star image

When we were young we used to draw all stars with 5 points. Rarely, if ever, we'd draw a star as a circle. My Hasselblad 80mm f/2.8 CF lens reverted to its childhood and decided to make Venus into a star shape. I hadn't ever seen a lens make this shape and think it's a really cool. Now I want to...
  17. N

Daytime moon shot. All photos taken with D810, Nikkor 400mm f/5.6 ED-IF Ai-S
  18. N

Fun with Nikon Images 2022

Worker feeding the queen D810, 55mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor, PB-6, 2.5:1
  19. N

Fun with Medium Format FILM Images!

Hasselblad 500 c/m, 40mm f/4 FLE, Tri-X