The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Capture One Import from Hasselblad

Unlike HEIC, Apple's ProRaw could be a game changer. Why don't ask, if there are enough requests! Here is the link to C1 feature request page: https://bit.ly/2JfMuIY
  2. T

ALPA X-Shutter is coming soon

And a good one too. Will remember "have to go a bit above his role for the stroking-the-white-cat bit" for a funny reference to TPTB.
  3. T

ALPA X-Shutter is coming soon

I know this is a bit off-topic. I assume the "stroking-the-white-cat bit" is a parodic allusion to Flemming's character of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, head of SPECTRE, who was always seen stroking a white Persian cat?
  4. T

Phase One XT

Agree. 12mm in one direction may be enough for Digaron-S line lenses but not for Digaron-SW/W line lenses.
  5. T

Cambo Announces Phase One X Shutter Products

I wonder if the DB has all the relevant information (lens, extension, shift), can we expect at one point in time to have in-camera computational correction for any lens distortion?
  6. T

Cambo Announces Phase One X Shutter Products

Let's hope that there will be a more affordable priced second generation version with (option of) wireless connection to P1's DB that is also mountable by the user.
  7. T

Phase One XT

Very nice images. I use Slow Shutter Cam app, https://apple.co/33GZpLS, on my iPhone with very similar effects. Apparently, frame averaging is not available on the IQ3 (which I have).
  8. T

Phase One XT

Have you looked at dtcommercialphoto's shade, https://bit.ly/2GAZl7q? (No association or affiliation, no personal experience) Personally, I use the Mark II Artist's Viewfinder, https://bit.ly/30NoRxn, for composing the image and camera placement, and a modified 4x5" dark/focusing cloth when...
  9. T

PHASE ONE XF IQ4 151MP WITH 2 LENSES... 26500USD

What happened to the corresponding link regarding the digital back only?
  10. T

WTB - Phase One IQ3 100 Standard or Trichromatic with XF body

If the question GFX100 or P1 would have been raised in the main forum, P1 dealers would have swooped in with their "advice" and offers.
  11. T

baudolino Thank you for your detailed response to what was more a rhetorical/cynical question. I also have the IQ3 for use on a technical camera and paid for the used DB barely more that I would have paid for a new GFX100. I looked also at the GFX100, and concluded that without machining the...
  12. T

I am disappointed that no P1 dealer (hello Steve H.) has yet chipped in to end this travesty!
  13. T

Going to be interesting to see the replies!
  14. T

Comparision between Digaron-W 32 mm and Digaron-S 35 mm ( Apo Sironar HR)

Thanks, very helpful, and greatly appreciated. We all know that the 32HR is optically in another league than the 35HR but also also twice as heavy, bulky, and expensive - and even second-hand almost as expensive as new!
  15. T

The 70mm coverage circle stated by Rodenstock (which would give 2mm movement on 54x40mm) may be just a "guaranteed' minimum. May have left a bit more on the table? Max. 7mm would be great.
  16. T

Alkibiades, since you took and looked at all the photographs, what is your informed opinion? Wonder how far one can shift the 35mm Digaron-S on a 54x40mm sensor and still get acceptable results?
  17. T

A shout-out - 2020 and 'Rolleiflex' still alive.

As medium format was defined during the film days. (And even then, 53.7 x 40.4mm just approximates 645 format size (56 x 42mm)).