The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Cosina Voigtländer Nokton 50mm F1 Aspherical Z Photos and Discussions

I finally got it - my first, and probably last f/1.0 lens :) I would not normally buy such a large aperture lens - they are usually very big and heavy - but this one I can manage (manual focus included). The manufacturer page for the lens...
  2. D

Nikkor Z 26mm f/2.8 Photos and Discussions

Picked mine today from the local camera store. Will play with it tomorrow and start posting photos and comments here. First observation - it sets and locks auto distortion correction to ‘on’ in camera, like a few other Nikkor Z lenses.
  3. D

Cosina Voigtländer Lenses for the Z Mount

I started this thread as a central resource/discussion hub for all the Z mount lenses released by Cosina Voigtländer. Just officially announced, and scheduled to be released in February 2023: - SUPER WIDE-HELIAR 15mm F4.5 Aspherical -...
  4. D

Z 7II Firmware Update 1.31

Not the update people expected... https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/435.html The only official change: • Improved the accuracy of autofocus with poorly-lit subjects in photo mode when Single AF was selected for Focus mode. I will downgrade my prediction that a big update...
  5. D

2022 Nikon Predictions and Expectations

2022 is finally upon us, and it appears that Nikon entered the new year on a high note. They are scrambling to fill all the preorders for their recently released camera and lenses, and it looks like that may take a while, since they are selling everything that they are able to produce. This...
  6. D

Fun with Nikon Images 2022

Let's get started with this year's thread! Hopefully, an admin will make it sticky :) This was taken on January 2nd, several hours before the snowstorm hit the area: Before the Storm Nikon D810, AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.8G, 1/320 sec, f/5.6, ISO 64 (Manassas National Battlefield Park, January 2022)
  7. D

1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6

Non MF/LF content deleted.
  8. D

Cosina Voigtländer Color-Skopar 28mm F2.8 Aspherical SL II S

My latest acquisition: (photo taken with an iPhone)
  9. D

Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S Photos and Discussions

I just realized I did not create a 'Photos & Discussions' thread for this lens back when I bought it, so here it is :) I do not take photos of people usually, so I did not use the AFS Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G that much, passing it to a family member when the Z system was announced. I did not plan to...
  10. D

Nikon NX Studio

One day after updating View NX-i and Capture NX-D with bug fixes and macOS Big Sur support, Nikon announced that the two software packages will no longer be updated in the future because of the new kid on the block: the free Nikon NX Studio. Nikon NX Studio combines the capabilities of View...
  11. D

Nikon 2020 Q2 Financials

Nikon just released their financial report for the second quarter of their 2020 fiscal year. For those interested, the presentation material can be accessed at https://www.nikon.com/about/ir/ir_library/result/pdf/2021/21second_all_e.pdf I am not a financial expert, but I still found a few...
  12. D

Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S Photos and Discussions

Yup, I got one from the very first shipment - thanks to the great team at my favorite local camera store (District Camera of Burke). Haven't had time yet to shoot with it extensively, but so far it looks like a great companion to the 24-70mm f/2.8 S. Yes, it is big, and yes, it is heavy - I can...
  13. D

Nikon Z50 Photos and Discussions

I am not sure how much interest there is on GetDPI about the Z50, but just in case, here is a thread for it :) I wasn't planning to buy it initially, but I got bored waiting for the Z 70-200mm f/2.8 S... :D Moreover, I had a small camera bag and a 46mm B+W Redhancer filter left from my Olympus...
  14. D

Technical Service Advisory for Nikon Z 6 and Z 7 Cameras

Nikon has issued a technical service advisory for users of the Nikon Z 6 and Z 7 cameras: "the vibration reduction (VR) feature in some Nikon Z 6 and Z 7 cameras may not function fully". To check if your camera is affected you need to go to the Nikon website for your country, select Support ->...
  15. D

Firmware Update 2.0 for Z6 and Z7 Now Available

Includes Eye AF, AF improvements, Auto shutter type setting (mechanical vs. EFCS), other fixes. Z6: https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/327.html Z7: https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/328.html Capture NX-D and ViewNX-i were also updated.
  16. D

Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Photos and Discussions

I started a new thread for this lens such that Z7 owners can also post their photos and impressions :) My original post from the Z6 thread is at https://www.getdpi.com/forum/nikon/65033-nikon-z6-photos-discussions-4.html#post785387
  17. D

Irix 150mm f/2.8 Macro

I've waited a few years for Cosina to release a new Voigtländer macro lens 90mm or longer in F mount... an updated 90mm SLII S, an updated 125mm SLII, or even an F mount version of the 110mm released for Sony. Alas, nothing happened, and the deadline I set for myself - CP+ 2019 - passed with no...
  18. D

Nikon at CP+ 2019

No surprises :D The two recently announced lenses were available to try - DPReview posted their hands-on impressions with the 14-30mm f/4 S and with the 24-70mm f/2.8 S. It appears that the other lenses from the roadmap were displayed under glass - some photos were posted in the DPReview Z...
  19. D

Thoughtful pics of fauna...

Any camera/lens, any type of fauna (flying, running, swimming, or just standing there...), any place (wildlife, Zoo, pets, ...). Photos of suffering, abused or dead fauna are strongly discouraged... (an exception could be dead insects that don't look dead).
  20. D

Nikon Z6 Photos and Discussions

Well, Nikon USA has officially announced that the Z6 will start shipping this Friday. Hope to get mine with the kit lens tomorrow. In the mean time, the Z6 page is now up at https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/products/493/Z_6.html, with manuals and links to related software. And...