The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. nameBrandon

Fujifilm GFX100 II Teaser Video

This is what blows my mind.. How does the same company that did the most bland and monotonous live stream release of the GFX 100 II, turn around and then release this brilliant piece of awesome. It's like Fujifilm has bipolar marketing disorder. Maybe just Fuji Japan vs USA at play here..
  2. nameBrandon

Fujifilm GFX100 II Teaser Video

I woke up at 3AM local in the hopes that someone would post the order / pre-order page at the start of the event. They did not... and I too, was forced to watch the entire event until B&H (first out of the gate) posted the product page. It was.. painful. I'm very excited for the camera and lens...
  3. nameBrandon

Your Fuji GFX100s Capture One Color Workflow

As a starting point, I shoot raw + jpg. I set my default jpg style to Astia. I use that as a refernce or as an ‘idea’ of where else the raw image could go in CaptureOne. Use the Styles panel drop down box and choose one of the in-camera styles for other ideas. Depending on the landscape shot...
  4. nameBrandon

Fujifilm GFX100 vs. 100S ?

I am dumbfounded as to why Fuji has let the tilt EVF die on the vine. Such a brilliant solution. I *love* the increased resolution of the EVF on the 100S, but a tilt version in the next GFX camera would really be a nice offering.
  5. nameBrandon

The New Leica Q3 Announced! Thoughts?

My guess is that Leica is viewing the Q as an opportunity to test the waters with their balance of their industrial design aesthetic and functionality. As we know, they often eschew functionality in favor of a consistent design language. That is admirable, but the tradeoff is that they often lag...
  6. nameBrandon

The New Leica Q3 Announced! Thoughts?

Enjoying the higher MP crop modes, especially 35mm being close to 40MP. The Eye / Face AF is pretty consistent as well, glad to have that functionality. USB-C charging is fantastic, and I love that I can still use my Q2 batteries in a pinch!
  7. nameBrandon

Wilson ... 📸

I hear ya. We just finished our roof a week ago. Cedar shake pricing here will make one cry..
  8. nameBrandon

Wilson ... 📸

Ah, I've heard the guitar bug is an expensive one.. Thankfully never been bitten.. I have my $300 G&L electric and Positive Grid amp sitting around collecting dust, and that's enough for me to play the ~5 chords I know :) Will certainly share some images soon!
  9. nameBrandon

Wilson ... 📸

I could, if I had a desire to use a dslr with a big honkin' mirror in 2023.. Which I do not 😂 I am very hopeful though that they see the impact of the K-3 mono and how quickly it sold and make the logical leap to using the sensor in the GR lineup. They would never be able to keep a GR III(x)...
  10. nameBrandon

Wilson ... 📸

Q3 has shipped! Arriving tomorrow. Waiting for the GRiii(x) mono tbh. I never really connected with the Leica mono cameras, but I think that's just me and my difficulty justifying Leica prices for only giving me black and white images.. at the Ricoh price point, I'm all about it.
  11. nameBrandon

Potential Warning - User 'muller'

I always find it a bit unusual when a relatively new, low-activity member responds to a WTB request, pasting back the exact same item you're looking for, punctuation and all, and then asks you to communicate off platform. In this case, my WTB was for 3 separate lenses, all of which he had...
  12. nameBrandon

Wilson ... 📸

Excited for this.. if all goes as planned, should have it tomorrow!
  13. nameBrandon

WTB: Minolta Rokkor 58 1.2 , 58 1.4, 55 1.7

Looking for a clean, well cared for copies. For use on GFX so an adapter would be great as well. Please PM with details and let's talk! Please post a note here if you respond, I don't get email notifications on PM's. Wanted! ------------------ 58 1.2 58 1.4 55 1.7
  14. nameBrandon

Positive feedback for felix5616

Great member, very honest and good communication. We embarked on a deal that ultimately fell apart, and in refunding my money PayPal (as PayPal will do) screwed up everything. Leo sat on hold with PayPal forever, escalating the issue on his end and getting things sorted out. Greatly appreciated...
  15. nameBrandon

Bought: Fuji GFX 50R

Thanks Darr! I found one tonight through some connections. Thanks for checking, Steve! Strangely enough you can actually still buy refurb via Fuji online store, but after taxes the price is just a bit crazy, almost a $1,000 premium over standard used prices. And Fuji USA doesn't allow any...
  16. nameBrandon

No luck @ South Eastern, but thanks for the tip! Didn't know about them, will add them to my regional dealer list when trying to track down hard to find equipment!
  17. nameBrandon

Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow!
  18. nameBrandon

bump
  19. nameBrandon

Please pm with details! And please do leave a post here indicating you PM'd me, for some reason I don't get email alerts on PM's. Thank you!
  20. nameBrandon

DP Review Forum to Close

Makes sense, I guess depending on who wanted the Fuji forum.. The Fuji users, or everyone else.. 😂 and at least they didn't try and make "MiniMF" happen. 🤦‍♂️ Thanks. will give that a shot.