The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

The great tripod & head thread!

I have no intention of messing around with my gear. Thatˋs why I donˋt intend to carry it over my shoulder, fully mounted. I donˋt find that comfortable, at all. But there is nothing in my current tripod + head setup that suggests anything but 100% confidence. Happy shooting! :)
  2. N

I understand I just tried to see if my Arca-Swiss Leveler 75 would exhibit any sag when carried over the shoulder, like you mentioned. I did a quick and dirty test with my GFX 100 (original + 2 batteries) and my GF 30 TS (with all accessories mounted - tripod collar, hood, hood attachment...
  3. N

I wanted to thank the community for this thread - it helped my travel & studio tripod upgrades quite a bit. I went for a 5 section Gitzo 4 series as a travel tripod (to be used with my GF 30 TS and M2 + Rodenstock setup) and for a 3 sections Gitzo series 5 as my studio workhorse. They are...
  4. N

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

Best bang for the buck, for me, is currently the used Hassy xcd 45, original. With the advent of the 45p and 38v, they are widely available, for under 1k, excellent / low shutter count copies - delivering spectacular IQ on 100MP. I will never hesitate to use the original 45 xcd along my 30 and...
  5. N

Fuji GF 30mm Tilt Shift and Rodenstock 32mm HR Digaron-W Lens Comparison

This is not a lens problem, that is related to your senzor pixel pitch and the inherent diffraction effects. Every good lens. in every system with the pixel size of yout 100 MP senzor will do the same. In the 33x44 100 MP world, f8 is your practical limit, stopping beyond that will result in...
  6. N

Digital back comparison

Well done, excellent and useful test, thank you!
  7. N

Hasselblad XCD 90mm V lens is shipping

So , any comparisons of the new 90 with the “old” 90 or the 80 1.9 ?
  8. N

Yes, and mushy corners, until f5.6. F8 corner performance was exemplary.
  9. N

Rodenstock 180 vs 138 in the wind

Wow, incredibly useful points, gentlemen, thank you :) Location shooting is extremely important to me!
  10. N

With my Hasselblad x2d I’ve successfully used the 135 + 1.7 TC (230mm) with a light tripod in the wind, column center fully extended and IBIS on, with none of the usual weird artefacts that I would get on GFX or other 35mm systems when doing that. In that particular situation, a shifted 180mm...
  11. N

A potentially disastruous financial decision (not my first and certainly not my last 😅 ) could allow me to stretch for the 138mm :))) But if my usecase is served equally well by the 180 Rodie HR, I’d rather not. That’s why I’m trying to have, as much as possible, an informed conversation about...
  12. N

Good to hear from someone with direct experience / access to relevant lenses - I’m surprised the 138 surpasses the 100 HR in actual sharpness, according to official Rodenstock MTF it shouldn’t (whithin the comparable IC). Are you sure you have a good copy of the 100 ? :) Yes, once framing is...
  13. N

The MTF difference between the Rodie 180 and 138 is nowhere near 30%! So, if you don’t have both lenses and you have never seen a side by side proper test … how can you know ?
  14. N

For tabletop I would normally focus bracket my 135 XCD and further down I would use my 120mm Rodenstock Macro in the 1:5 to 2:1 range.
  15. N

Thank you, the Orbix tilt + forward snag arguments are quite compelling, actually, and they were not on my radar, until now!
  16. N

If I could test them we wouldn’t have this conversation :) No dealers in Romania, I normally buy from Arca in France, so direct contact with the lenses is very hard. I anyway doubt there are many dealers in Europe or anywhere else with these 2 lenses in stock.
  17. N

I’m also very interested about old 90 vs new 90. Regarding V lenses: there is a big difference regarding edge to edge sharpness between the 38, 55 and 90, with the 55 being inferior in the corners, both to the new and old lenses. While the ergonomics of the new lenses are excellent, I ended up...
  18. N

You’re the only source stating this, also based on indirect comparison - Geiner supposedly tested this against a 180 Schneider, not against the much sharper (smaller IC) Rodie 180 Digaron-S. I’m glad you’re enjoying your 138, but I would like to see / hear some other direct experiences, if...
  19. N

So, on an Arca M2, assuming cost is not the primary factor (I know, hilarious 😅 ) which of the 2 (Rodenstock Digaron-S 180 vs Digaron-SW 138) would be better on a windy day ? The 180mm suits me better as a FL and guess what … price is also an issue :)) But I would use the lens outdoors, mostly...