The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

FS - Leica Q Digital Camera Kit, including Luigi half-case, in “As-New” Condition!

Hi all: I purchased this camera and all accessories new, but quickly found that a 28mm field of view is too wide for my style of photography. I have used it only a few times—and only at my home. The camera and all accessories are in “as-new” condition. The sale includes the following items...
  2. R

Sony sensors to be separate company

Sony has spun off its censors unit to constitute a separate company. I wonder if they will, thus, end their normal "time bans" for other companies (e.g., Nikon, Fuji) to use new sensors. Sony's lucrative image sensor division is now a separate company
  3. R

Soft release for Sony RX1-R?

All, I'm not sure if I'll end up regularly using one or not, but I have been looking into getting a soft release for my newish RX1-R. From my testing with a Match Technical beep, as well as reading of various posts here and elsewhere, it seems that it's hard to find a soft release that well...
  4. R

Question about manual 50mm lenses

Hey, if the D600 comes out later this year in a form similar to the rumors, I am planning to give it a try. (I have been using an M8 for five years and would keep it.) For a D600, I would want to start with a manual focus 50mm lens that is relatively light in weight. I like the idea of having a...
  5. R

FS: New Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH 6-bit coded

FS: New Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH 6-bit coded I am listing a New Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH lens for sale (see details below). I am listing the lens for the original purchase price of $3,195, which includes PayPal fees and USPS Priority Shipping with insurance, tracking, and signature confirmation...
  6. R

new Ricoh GRD IV!

All, I have had just one camera (a Leica M8) for about four years. Recently, I added the new Ricoh GRD IV. In fact, it arrived just yesterday. I think I'm really going to enjoy it, using it as the camera I can take anywhere when I'm not up to toting my RF, bag, and several lenses. My first...
  7. R

Leica lens typologies?

All, I have come to understand that some folks view Leica lenses in two*typologies specific to rendering,*which often guide their lens choices. First, you have the lenses with classic rendering. These lenses have lots of "character" and were often developed by Mandler,*including the Lux 35mm...
  8. R

Focus shift

All, I am hoping to achieve a conclusive understanding of focus shift. I have never experienced the problem firsthand, but see that the topic comes up fairly common in posts (e.g., regarding the Lux 35mm). I always thought it mean that, when focusing a lens at a certain f-stop (e.g., 4), the...
  9. R

Lenses for M9

All, Here are three lens scenarios for an M9. I shoot street and do not want a lens wider than a 35mm. 1) the two great lens plan #1: the new Lux 35mm asph and latest version of the Elmarit 90mm. 2) the two great lens plan #2: Cron 35mm asph and Lux 50mm asph. 3) the one great, two good lens...
  10. R

M8 to M9 and other early-summer permutations

All, I have had an M8 for more than three years. I love it--and have learned a great amount from using it. I normally shoot street/urban photography and currently have three lenses: Elmarit 28mm ASPH, Summilux 50mm ASPH, and Rollei Planar 80mm HFT. Thus, on an M8, these permit the following...
  11. R

WTB: Elmarit-m 90mm, 6-bit coded, mint

Hello: I have been pondering different RF 90mm lenses over the course of the year. My first choice would be an Elmarit 90mm. (If they were still being manufactored, I would have already purchased a new one. Of course, they are not.) So I'm interested in getting a pre-owned one that is 6-bit...