The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Z

Silver Efex Pro 2 (now here)

Re: Silver Efex Pro 2 soon Woody, I downloaded Silver Efex Pro 2 asking for both Photoshop5 and LR3.2 versions and the software downloaded, executed and works fine in both programs on my MacBook Pro 10.6.6......Tom.
  2. Z

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Jack, very nice B+W series......the sepia split tone is perfect for these...I like the visual geometry of the "Pipes'n Palms" .....Tom.
  3. Z

Jack, I love the split tone in your B+W photos. I currently use Piezography (http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/sc.15/category.239/.f) special edition K7 ink sets to get this same look in my art prints. The special is a mix of selenium and sepia carbon inks. Guy, the lake view is the...
  4. Z

Just for fun -- film or digital

The first two are digital and the third is film.
  5. Z

Aluminum Prints

I have used (AluminArteTM) (http://www.imagewizards.net/about-us/) Imagewizards (North Carolina) to print aluminum prints of my work in a framed 16"x20" sample size. They print up to 4'x8' feet. I think they invented this aluminum process. I liked the gloss white version best for my specific...
  6. Z

Back up cameras

My medium format system is a 645DF, Phase One 40+......for backup I use a Canon 5D with three zooms and macro lenses. I will soon upgrade this to a 5D Mark II or equivalent......Tom.
  7. Z

Show Your High ISO MFD

ISO 3200, hand held, Phase One 645DF 40+, lens 80mm LS at F2.8, 6oth of a sec. (wild grape vine on Lake Champlain lake shore shale).
  8. Z

Show Your High ISO MFD

Rem, I think they were referencing the sensor plus feature like Phase 40+ and 65+ where the back is set to shoot at 10 megapixel (40+) or 15 megapixel(65+) in order to shoot higher 800 -3200 ISO... to be used when photographing similar pro SLR subjects / work......Tom.
  9. Z

Show Your High ISO MFD

When I first purchased my Phase One 645DF 40+ I did a quick snapshot sitting in my living room of what was on the coffee table......a bottle, my watch, and the corner of a black covered Lens Works magazine. This was handheld but I think I supported myself on the arm of a chair.....taken at ISO...
  10. Z

Re: Fair Haven River, Bristol, Vermont Fair Haven River, Bristol, Vermont, Phase One 645 DF 80mm LS lens, .3sec. at F22....Tom.
  11. Z

Re: Happy Halloween! Winooski Vermont pumpkin display taken with Phase One 40+ f8 ISO 100 10 sec. 80mm LS lens.
  12. Z

I recently shot some studio jewelry photos for a client...Phase One 645DF 40+ and 120mm macro D at F16.....Tom.
  13. Z

What do you do for living?

I retired last year from IBM working twenty-eight years as a Communications Photographer specializing in semiconductor products. Still young 59 this year so I just started a freelance photography business in a small studio space offering product, portrait, editorial, event. I also sell fine art...
  14. Z

I have been busy using my new 645DF, Phase One 40+ system for commercial assignments so I have not been posting images. I got a chance the other day to take some personal photos I can share, an environmental portrait of my two grand children (taken on an overcast afternoon day with 120D mounted...
  15. Z

Ordered my P40+ today

I wanted to add....don't under estimate some of the older 645 non D lenses. I was shooting some engineers the other day for a corporate client and I needed a wider view so I put the 50mm shift lens on and to my surprise I found it to be almost as sharp and clean as the 80mm LS and 120 D Macro...
  16. Z

Ordered my P40+ today

Bill, great choice!....I know the feeling.....I just bought the same package a few weeks ago with a slight lens difference. So far I have the 80LS, 120D macro, 50 shift and 55-110 zoom. All worth the price.....so far the best digital camera system I have ever owned. The 120 macro is spectacular...
  17. Z

Demo S2 at Kurland Photo(ebay)

I have been a Leica R and M user since the 1970's......some I bought new but most on the used market. I have been a working pro and used Leica for my personal photos and other brands for paid assignments. I prefer the quality of Leica glass but I could never depend on service turn around time...
  18. Z

Phase One 645DF lens choices,

Jack, Guy, and Ken....thank you for the thorough lens review. This information will be very helpful to me as I build my lens kit. This is more information than I could find anywhere else on the web....thats what makes this one of the best forums!.......thanks Tom.
  19. Z

Phase One 645DF lens choices,

I recently traded my Leica DMR back for a Phase One 645DF P40+ with the 80mm LS lens. I will be using this for general photography assignments in areas of product, portraiture, corporate, event and B+W art. The last Mamiya system I owned was the original 645AF with a Leaf Valeo11 back, so am a...
  20. Z

Leica APO-Extender-R 2X for sale

Removed sale to ebay listing.