The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. thrice

FS: Contax 645 Zeiss T* Distagon 35mm lens and Kipon SHIFT adapter for GFX

G'day, Would you be willing to sell this lens to someone in Melbourne? I'm not sure I need the adapter though, as I'm looking at the kipon 0.8x AF adapter. Cheers, Dan
  2. thrice

Voigtlander 21/1.4 VM, 75/1.5 VM. Loxia 21mm.

Bump and price drop 21mm Nokton: $1000 75mm Nokton: $950 21mm Zeiss: $800
  3. thrice

SOLD - Cambo WRS Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 35mm XL in Copal 0 including Center Filter. Superb lens!

This is such an amazing lens, I used to have it on my Alpa and nothing has ever come close.
  4. thrice

Voigtlander 21/1.4 VM, 75/1.5 VM. Loxia 21mm.

Hi folks, Lightening the lens load since I'm aboard the Fujifilm GFX train. Both Voigltander lenses are like new. The Loxia I would class as excellent, with flawless glass but a couple of marks on the barrel (see pics) and one bright spot in an inconspicuous place on the side of the hood which...
  5. thrice

Nikkor Z Mount Lenses

On the topic of focus motors, they have gone with linear stepper motors. These are not in the same ball park as USM/SSM when it comes to speed/silence.
  6. thrice

Leica 50mm ASPH Summilux vs. Zeiss 50mm f/1.5 Sonnar

The Sonnar is a hugely flawed character lens. The 50 Asph is a very well corrected lens. If you're after the Sonnar 'look' which is typically more painterly out of focus areas and a general softness then it's great, otherwise the Asph beats it in every concievable way except size. The Sonnar...
  7. thrice

Alpa FPS on TV in Australia

Just saw this on regular network TV, looks like an fps with an hcd lens and iq back! https://youtu.be/O6jsHOUUQTk
  8. thrice

KIPON AF adapters for Contax 645 lens on Sony E/FE mount

One of those adapters has a focal reducer (aka speed booster) which is very interesting!
  9. thrice

Tech cam shoulder bag

Hi Frank, I shot with my Alpa STC, 35XL, 50mm and 110mm living in an ONA Leather Brixton for a year or so and I think I have Scoliosis as a result. Is there a particular reason you don't want to consider a backpack? Or a (much less fashionable) hip pack? If you are set on a shoulder bag then...
  10. thrice

Any suggestions on good adapter for M lenses to E mount

I also use the Hawk's adapter. Especially useful if using PCX filters per my reply to Victor below. Absolutely agree. The sensor coverglass stack is more than double the thickness resulting in smeared corners for all but the most telecentric lenses. The way around this is to mount a specific...
  11. thrice

xpan lenses on x1d

Will probably need a front PCX filter and infinity adjustment similarly to Leica M and Contax G lenses in front of Sony sensors for optimum performance.
  12. thrice

tell me about the FE 100-400 GM

Haha Sony's menus are a clear breach of the Geneva Convention!
  13. thrice

Help Understand What I'm Seeing - IQ3100 & a7rii Star Photos

Hi Craig, I tested every firmware which offers uncompressed RAW and they all have spatial filtering (star eater). For some reason everyone thinks it was introduced in 3.30 but it was there since 2.0!
  14. thrice

It's that time of the year again

I gave up the Alpa and P45 for an A7RII. I miss the deliberate nature of the Alpa, and the SNR of the P45's bigger chip. The convenience and compactness of the A7RII is a boon though.
  15. thrice

Leica and Zeiss combined?

Great camera the CL!
  16. thrice

A7*2 Resolution Drop with >3.2s Exposure

Oh I understand what you're saying now. No ND used in the above shot. Shot at a standard working aperture (f/11) with a polariser.
  17. thrice

https://www.dailycameranews.com/2014/01/konica-minolta-23mm-f2-lens-patent/ https://photorumors.com/2016/01/10/the-latest-patents-from-canon-sigma-and-konica-minolta/ No prizes for guessing which cameras those lenses fit on.
  18. thrice

Okay here we go: https://leicarumors.com/2015/08/13/the-sensor-inside-the-leica-q-typ-116-is-most-likely-produced-by-towerjazz-an-israeli-semiconductor-manufacturer-with-tight-relations-to-panasonic.aspx/ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_Semiconductor...
  19. thrice

A7*2 Resolution Drop with >3.2s Exposure

Unfortunately that isn't how smooth reflection nor stacking works. You still need a reasonable luminance in all your subs, lots of dark images don't magically make a bright image. If you want to expose the galactic core for example, you need a long enough exposure for every sub that the...