The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

New RS 40mm HR W, any tips?

Hi all, Maybe seems a little bit of redundant question considering it's a lens and not some kind of newfangled body, but thought I'd reach out as I have a new RS 40mm lens on it's way to me – via the factory to get mounted in a new copal shutter – and wondered if anyone could share some insight...
  2. T

Back AND Adaptor cap, such a think for Linhof plate?

Hi all, Just wondering if Linhof make an equivalent product as this one from Cambo: LINK It's a cover / cap that, "protects the CCD while the digital back stays mounted [to the adaptor plate] when taking the adapter off the WRS camera." I'm asking because I've been thinking a lot about...
  3. T

Shift lenses for SL2?

Hi all, I'm tyre kicking and doing a lot of thinking while my beloved technical camera is away getting serviced. Absence may make the heart grow fonder, but it also forces a kind of reanalysis of priorities and working methods and how one wants to move forward with their work. In this sense...
  4. T

Stitching panoramas with Cambo WRS cameras

Hi all, a quick question for those that may use one... With the Cambo WRS 1600 (or other compatible models) if one wants to make a two shot stitch to 1:2 format, can you disengage the gearing and / or quickly slide to back to the two positions or do you have to do it by rotating the gears -...
  5. T

Phase / Leaf mount or sensor misalignment?

I have a Leaf Credo 60 in V mount. Without getting into too much detail, I started experiencing focusing errors and at first blamed my Linhof sliding back - two left / right frames to stitch consistently showed front and back focus respectively. Turned out not to be the case as another slider...
  6. T

Best FE lenses in 2019 for A7RiV?

Hi all, I'm tire kicking at the moment, but have a large project about to start that will require me to use a handheld system in tandem with my technical camera setup (Linhof with Credo 60). I've been looking at mirrorless options and while I've always been allergic to the Sony ergonomics and...
  7. T

One shot cable for CCD back

Hi guys, I’ve been working with a Leaf Credo 60 on a technical camera for over five years now. I’ve always used zero latency setting and because I’ve been quite decisive with my shooting, I’ve never seen any ill effects from heat build up etc. Now I’m doing something that relies on waiting for...
  8. T

Feeler: FS Mamiya Leaf Credo 60 V-mount

I’m thinking about selling my much loved Leaf Credo 60 in V-mount. Other than a few days on a 500C/M, it has spent all of the 4 years I’ve owned it on a technical camera (Linhof Techno.) Reason for thinking of selling is I shoot almost exclusively 8x10” and 120 film these days and it seems a...
  9. T

Schneider 35mm APO-Digitar XL with 60mpx CCD

Hi all, A very generous forum member has offered to loan me their 35mm APO-Digitar XL to try with my Credo 60. I've been sorely missing a wide angle lens for my technical camera setup (more view camera, being a Linhof Techno,) and I'd always planned to buy a Rodenstock 40mm HR W – my favourite...
  10. T

Hasselblad 500cm with new Maxwell screen, A12 back, 60 CF lens.

Up for sale is my prized black Hasselblad 500cm with brand new Maxwell split and micro prism screen, WLF, 60mm CF, A12 back, lens hood and strap. Maxwell screen has custom etchings for the 60mpx Dalsa chip (I use the Mamiya Leaf Credo 60). I love this camera and have spent good money on it...
  11. T

LCC plate question...

Hi all, I haven't posted in a while, so happy new year to everyone! A quick (or maybe not) question about LCC plates / cards for use with a technical camera. A while back I dropped my official Mamiya Leaf LCC plate into a river while on a job and have since been using a piece of white / opal...
  12. T

Urgent Capture One 10 help needed: Corrupted catalogue, freezes when 'fixing'.

Hi all, I'm in a panic with a lot of deadlines to meet tomorrow, and my Capture One 10 DB catalogue has corrupted and may have frozen while runing the fix / verify catalogue function (that is after verifying the catalogue, it identifyed it needed to run a repair. I've been waiting now for over...
  13. T

Leaf Profiles in C1

Hi all, Just wondering if there is an updated document explaining the intention and effect of the different colour and curve profiles offered in C1 for Credo backs? I've bought several books but they aren't explained, and the most helpful has been this document from 2010...
  14. T

Hasselblad V focusing screens and calibration

Hi all, I'm wanting to buy a V body to use with my Credo 60 when I can't be bothered lugging around my Techno. I'm looking at some good deals on a 500cm and 503cw. The later will obviously have the later acute matte focusing screen, but as yet not sure about the CM. My question is what do...
  15. T

So how's that M10 treating you?

Thought I'd start a new thread asking how the M10 is performing out in the wild, as good information on the camera's performance after the initial hype of release has died down seems burried in other threads, etc. To state my background, I cut my photographic teeth on Leica, with an M3, then...
  16. T

New Leica S this year?

Hi all, I have no skin in the game with regards to the Leica S system, but I've long liked the system (save for the poor reliability reports of especially the lenses...) I read on LUF some users insisting an "008" camera is on its was in September with 80mpx. Do people here think this is...
  17. T

Flat stitching and LCCs

Hi all, Maybe a silly question... If I'm flat stitching (for example) panoramic images and applying LCCs for each shot, often I find that correcting for light falloff increases noise and kills detail out at the edges of frame. This was particularly try before I got a centre filter for my RS...
  18. T

Any new tech lenses at Photokina?

Hi all, I'm feeling a little depressed. I've been trying to make do with a RS 55mm APO-SD for panoramic stitching using my Credo 60. I also use a centre filter, but overall it's a very average lens on this sensor. I was saving (slowly) for the Schneider 60XL, but now that they've stopped...
  19. T

Big Hasselblad anouncement on the 22nd.

Via official Hasselblad Facebook page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tah8tiFLBZc "A game changer in the world of photography Join the announcement on Wed 22nd June, 14.00 (CET), as we livestream the event from Gothenburg, Sweden."
  20. T

ETTR (underexposure) help sought

Hi guys, First up, please let me state the following: I have absolutely zero interest a debate about the relative merits of CMOS vs. the CCD back I'm using. I'm well aware of them and have read a lot about the new products coming through, even demoed a few for myself. What I am interested in...