The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. jecxz

How to support this forum?!

I have known @Steve Hendrix since 2008 and I recently purchased a GFX100II from him (and CI). Steve is an honest person, always helpful and I highly recommend them. Never had a problem. As for your country's excessive taxation, duties and anti-trade and business policies, all I can say is your...
  2. jecxz

Free agent. X2D vs GFX

Amen! I fault Fuji for their near crippling user interface, an utter fail. I received the new GFX100II, took me days to "program" it to work seamlessly for my fine art photography. I basically programmed it to be more simple! I think it's a step up from the previous model, they did good in...
  3. jecxz

Fuji GFX w H mount adapter ~~ Leaf Shutter and flash sync ~~ Any experiences?

Make sure to upgrade the firmware on the adapter; yes, it has firmware. I had an issue before updating. https://fujifilm-x.com/global/support/download/firmware/accessories/h-mount-adapter-g/
  4. jecxz

Free agent. X2D vs GFX

Buy the camera brand that you identify with and that makes you feel good. Then make photos; share them here. Good luck!
  5. jecxz

Hasselblad discontinues the H?

Hi Howard, It is good to read your comments every now and then. I lurk more than post, leaving the wordsmithing to people with more time on their hands and more knowledgeable. Thank you for the info, I was incorrect about Fuji making parts for X2D. I agree with your other points. Making...
  6. jecxz

Hasselblad discontinues the H?

I made this conclusion several years ago; my aging H3DII39s from 1987 are still alive and well, along with their Jackson Pollock sensor spots. Great system. It was obvious Hasselblad was focusing all efforts on their new X1D (now X2D) and I have my suspicions (no proof) that all X2D parts are...
  7. jecxz

Fuji GFX- leaf shutter??

The HC adapter's firmware must be updated too. https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/download/firmware/accessories/h-mount-adapter-g/ My HC lenses are from 2007'ish and work without issues.
  8. jecxz

Hasselblad Closes NJ Office

Thinking positive thoughts, Joe!
  9. jecxz

Hasselblad Closes NJ Office

Hasselblad is closing its NJ Service Office https://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php?topic=8257.0 Over the years I have received excellent service from Hasselblad. The most recent, perhaps 2 years ago, my HC100 was rapidly repaired and shipped back. Hasselblad NJ has supported my...
  10. jecxz

Future of Hassy- Bleak or Bright?

Are you asking me? Not sure. I never said speculation should not be allowed. Did I say that? You wrote "discuss" and unless someone knows the truth, the correct term is speculate. Speculate away! By all means, write anything, about any brand, I have no issue with that. Be safe!
  11. jecxz

speculate how Hasselblad is doing... And thank you for repeating what I wrote about the title of this thread; the confirmation is pleasing.
  12. jecxz

I think what you and others have said are welcome opinions for consideration. I'm not here to question any of it. You know my thoughts on opinions. The title of this thread "bleak or bright" has me wondering; it is a consistent theme for a very long time, that of suggesting Hasselblad's future...
  13. jecxz

Are you here just to stoke rumors against Hasselblad? Do you use Hasselblad equipment? For well over a decade people come to forums to knock Hasselblad, question their future, suggest their end is near, and I am wondering what yours motives are, care to answer? Are you invested in Hasselblad...
  14. jecxz

Human nature and perhaps the projection of the ego. Happens all the time, in every field. I posit it's the reason this thread was started.
  15. jecxz

I am honored to be quoted twice; thank you. I pray my words help others make more photographs and not bicker about opinions, however, it is their right; I have even written about passionate opinions! https://www.derekjecxz.com/post/opinions Make photographs and be safe. Kind regards, Derek
  16. jecxz

Behind the scenes

Fuji GFX100 + 50mm @ f8 for 2 minutes Additional information: https://www.derekjecxz.com/photograph/sunset_cloud_lake_by_derek_jecxz (My cell phone was not happy about how dark it was and the shutter speed was very slow, hence the blur, please forgive.)
  17. jecxz

The term "boutique" came from them! The meaning of "boutique" is: a small company that offers highly specialized services or products. My next sentence clearly states the make good quality products. I have been using Hasselblad equipment since 1995. They have used my images in trainings and...
  18. jecxz

Help with a GFX 100 or 100S question

Greg, Steve is a good person, he will take care of you. I might order a 2nd HC adapter. Good luck and be safe.
  19. jecxz

I have no idea if you read past my first sentence.