The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Fun with MF images 2022

RL Deconvolution sharpening is an excellent method. Avoids most of the halos that creep in so easily with Unsharp Mask. RL Deconvolution is available in the sharpening dialog in Raw Therapee. RT can process .tif and .jpg files as well as raw files.
  2. C

Fun with MF images 2022

Meeting of the Council of Aviary Advisors. X1Dii with adapted Summicron 50 version v at f/8.
  3. C

Fun with MF images 2021

This area was covered in some powder - the trees, the ground, the fence. Everything was normal next to it, as the green trees in the background indicate. Hasselblad X1Dii and Summicron-M 50mm version v.
  4. C

Compressing Large Camera Files

If you save the raw file, full or lossless compressed, then you can avoid saving any other large files. Just find the "sidecar" file, or script file, or the ".cof" and /cop" files (Capture One) -- and save them in an orderly manner. They let you re-develop the raw file exactly as before, and...
  5. C

My Konica Minolta 5D died today :(

Never had a Minolta camera, but the Rokkor lenses are excellent, and I use a couple of them adapted to, in this case, an X1Dii. The 50/3.5 macro at 5.6. Soft rose, soft light
  6. C

Fun with MF images 2021

Soft rose, soft light. X1Dii with an old Minolta Rokkor 50/3.5 macro lens.
  7. C

Slide Show creation software?

Windows Movie Maker? It's free.
  8. C

Finally, a digital B&W conversion I'm pleased with!

I started from the color file you posted and did a conversion in Picture Window Pro from Digital Light & Color, which is an alternative to PS. Just its global transformations (except one selection to vignette mildly) – no presets, curves derived from scans, etc. So people can see by comparison...
  9. C

Sharpest paper?

Yup, Canson Platine will give you sharp. But you can get sharpness on many papers with good post-processing. Try a combination, first sharpening by RL Deconvolution in Raw Therapee, then regular Unsharp Mask in just about any post processing program. At the Unsharp Mask step, push until you...
  10. C

Considering X1D II....

The 45/3.5 I have is very tight on the mount. Removing it is vexing.
  11. C

Considering X1D II....

If image quality is your number one desire, the X1Dii is for you. Compare images from it and from the Fuji GFX 50 cameras -- the best you find of both. If you see a difference, you will know what you want.
  12. C

Resolution for Print 1000x1400

1000 x 1400 ... cm? kilometers? ... Recommended pixels per inch input to printer varies with viewing distance. A hand held print, 300 ppi is great, 180 ppi is at the boundary of acceptable. A wall print seen 4 meters away can go lower, a billboard along a highway maybe 50. Print a small...
  13. C

First few days with the X1D II

Don't you like your salads simple? More seriously, yes, take the vignette into account when you compose the shot. In post process, you can crop off the sides, or off the top and bottom, or some of both.
  14. C

Leica M on 907X

Have used M lenses on an X1D. The key is that you expect to crop. You have latitude to slice off the top and bottom, off the sides, or some of both. The Summilux 50 aspherical has surprisingly little vignette. The Summilux 35 pre-aspherical vignettes heavily. The Summicron 50 version v is in...
  15. C

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

You could move all the files on the SD card into a folder that serves as a receiving dock. Next, I take it that you need a program or simple procedure that moves the files into subfolders based on year, sub-subfolders based on month, and one more level to date. You might put this search string...
  16. C

Fun with the Hasselblad 907x

Would it serve your purpose if you start the .3fr file in Phocus which automatically creates the .fff, export a .tif, store the .fff in a repository folder, then import the .tif into LR and do the rest of the processing from there? In other words, how often do you think you would go back to the...
  17. C

Hasselblad 907x Special edition for sale less than 24hrs old

Whenever I list an item on craigslist (a U.S. online buy and sell site), I get almost instant emails asking "Is this item still available?" In addition to larceny, the motive is to harvest email addresses.
  18. C

Fujifilm GFX 50R with GF 63/2.8 lens

My apologies. Both are sold.
  19. C

Forum Software Upgrade

I thought the old GetDPI color scheme was one of the best for presenting photos. Perhaps the staff can work out a choice, one being a darker, color-muted scheme.
  20. C

GFX 100 teardown at Lens Rentals

I like it, too. I will note, though, that a pull of the luminance curve down at the third quartile mark creates a good alternative rendering. (Folks did see the snowman, yes?)