The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Best macro option for Nikon D850

I used to own a Voigtlander 125 Apo Lanthar Macro. They have come down in price somewhat lately (out of production and practically only available via Ebay). Never used it on the Z6 but on the D800e it had a gorgeous rendering and stunning colors. I sold mine years ago but with the current prices...
  2. D

Nikon Z lens roadmap

It would be nice when the long expected update for the Micro Nikkor 200/4.0 will be a Z version...
  3. D

Nikon Z lens roadmap

From the shown images the 50/1.2 is quite a bit larger than the 24-70/2.8. I would say for a 50 it is huge, it better be magical :)
  4. D

Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Photos and Discussions

Sure the 85 vs 50. I already own the 50/1.8 which is already so good that it is hard to believe if you haven't got it. It makes me really wonder what the 1.2 will be... kind of impossible to believe they can make that one even better. Sure you need to work out for the 1.2. It also kind of...
  5. D

Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Photos and Discussions

Indeed, the 2.8 basically only wins a stop. I am seriously contemplating getting it just for that reason. Too many excellent lenses. I already have most of the 1.8 lenses and I fear the day the 1.2 series will be available :(
  6. D

1 lens, 1 camera

I currently own only the Z6 but my choice would be the Z7 plus the 24-70/2.8. (both of which I do not own currently BTW :) ) I would love to have the 50/1.2 or 58/0.95 instead of the 24-70/2.8 but that is depending on how long I have to do with only one body and lens... I could do with the Z7...
  7. D

60MP Nikon Z?

I would be really tempted. I already have a Z6, so I am covered with a lower res body already. 60MP is nice but I also reckon Nikon will introduce some more improvements over the Z6/7 as well. Anyway, time will tell. Meanwhile I am really happy with the Z6 and Z lenses (if only they would come...
  8. D

What are your plans during this time of chaos and social distancing?

I am closely following the news in Italy. Over here we seem to be trailing Italy’s situation by appr. 2 weeks. I am praying people start following the rules of social distancing to prevent the same situation happening over here. Best of luck to to you, hopefully the peak will pass soon and...
  9. D

What are your plans during this time of chaos and social distancing?

Here in the Netherlands we are mostly staying in home. Schools, bars, etc.. are all closed. Contaminations and deaths are rising by the day. Just hoping we can avoid a scenario like in Italie or what is currently developing in Spain. It is not just the elderly that get hit by this virus. Over...
  10. D

Nikon 200mm f4 AI/-s on modern sensors

No sure about that one. I do use the Voigtlander 180/4 now and then. This is a really compact tele. It is really sharp but also has fairly low contrast (which can always later be upped). It is an APO lens so very few abberations. I was lucky to get one years ago before they got popular but I...
  11. D

Nikon Z lens roadmap

I own both the 85s as well as the 105/1.4. I have noticed the 85 has more contrast and appears to be a tad sharper than the 105. The 85 may not be as stellar as the 50 but IMO it comes pretty damn close.
  12. D

Nikon Z lens roadmap

It is not going to stop there I am afraid. This is only the 1.8. It really makes me curious about the 50/1.2... (and the others yet to be announced)
  13. D

Nikon Z lens roadmap

Yes!! I would love to see a 70-200/4 with the same optical quality as the 24-70/4!
  14. D

Z6 or Z7 -- or both ???

I agree. Having said that. The 50S delivers an amazing file to start with (as does the 85). I have not used my 35 a lot sofar so cannot say much about it. The kit zoom is fantastic too though I have been caught by surprise with it several times. I normally set auto-iso to max out at appr. 3200...
  15. D

Z6 or Z7 -- or both ???

Voigtlander 58?
  16. D

Z6 or Z7 -- or both ???

Just wait until you can really see what is coming out of the thing with the 24-70 and/or 14-30. I am constantly pleasantly surprised. The Z does need some getting used to though..
  17. D

Very early impressions...Z6

I am falling more and more for this neat system. The lenses are simply great, even the 24-70/4 which you might consider a standard kit lens is great. Just a snapshot of what I woke up to this morning. Great to be moving to longer days again!
  18. D

Oh, yes. That will come for sure! I now own the 35/50/85 and the 24-70/4. The f4 zoom is small but delivers an insane quality. I hope eventually a 70-200 with the same characteristics will emerge, small but with great quality. The 2.8 zooms are beyond insane, at least the 24-70 is. I have not...
  19. D

I bought the Z6 several months ago. Dipping a toe in the water so to speak. I am starting to love it! The view finder/screen has a little bit of lag making it harder to use for action compared to the D850 but when getting used to it is usable. Battery life is horrible compared to the D850 but...
  20. D

Are batteries interchangeable D850 : D810?

I am not sure about the D810 however I do use the batteries I used with my D800e with my D850 as well. No problem whatsoever.