The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. chrism

Motorised Lab-Box

Sorry for my absence, but I ran into a problem with my motorised Rondinaxes, and I'm far too lazy to do things the old way anymore. Anyway, problem solved: Because the external dimensions of the Lab-Box are the same in both 120 and 35mm guise, one single mount will run it in either...
  2. chrism

Wireless flash trigger for F6

Can anyone recommend a trigger known to work with the F6 and allow all features of the CLS to work, please? Chris
  3. chrism

FS: Nikon D810, MB-D12 grip

Barely used D810, less than 1000 shutter actuations (I far prefer the F6) with the MB-D12 battery grip (this has the tray for using AA batteries, but an alternative can be bought that lets you use an EL-EN15 rechargeable, the BL-5 battery chamber cover). One battery, charger, manual, body cap...
  4. chrism

Motorised Rondinax - now for 120 film too!

I've been thinking about how to make my motorised Rondinax base be converted so that I can use a Rondinax 60 (for 120 film) on it as well. The first prototype has just emerged from the kitchen table. The base with Rondinax 35: New motorised Rondinax by chrism229, on Flickr The adapter...
  5. chrism

El Capitan and scanners

Anyone nervous about upgrading to 10.11 might like to know that: 1. Flexcolor and a Flextight X1 scanner work just as normal, with an Apple FW400 to FW800 cable plugged into a FW to Thunderbolt adaptor. 2. Vuescan (which seems to have an update every time I open it; not sure if any are...
  6. chrism

Current Best Options for B&W printers

I'm getting pretty disillusioned with inkjet printers. Some years back, I bought an HP7660 because of its PhotoGray cartridge and was very happy with the prints, which were limited to 8.5x11. Briefly I went on to an Epson 2400, then an HPB9180, and finally an Epson 3000. All three worked well...
  7. chrism

Disastrous Hasselblad Repair Experience

I'm very pissed off right now. Six weeks ago I sent my 848 away to New Jersey for service and repair. It had been working just fine until one day I put in a negative holder and it came back out canted to one side. As it came back out the metal clip that the negative holder slides into was out of...
  8. chrism

The laugh is on me...

...because I forgot to change the film speed setting on the Gossen when I went from HP5+ @400 to XP2 which I expose @200. I realised halfway through the roll, and you can tell when I changed the meter setting! Chris
  9. chrism

Jobo Junior - well, sort of...

My son has mechanised a Rondinax 35 for me. There's only 150ml of chemicals in there, so the film is half-submersed. Continuous rotation of the knob is required and it gets a bit tiresome, so I asked him if he could adapt my spare tank. It actually works! I'll have to get him onto the 120...
  10. chrism

Thunderbolt and Firewire Film Scanners

Good news - the new Thunderbolt to Firewire adaptor dongle works for the Coolscan 9000 and the Flextight 848, even though I am also using a FW400-800 adaptor as well. The Nikon doesn't care which port it is plugged into; Vuescan can see it. The Flextight only works in the Thunderbolt port nearer...