The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

Leaf Aptus II-8 back and Mamiya AF lenses

Hi folks, Up for sale are the following. All the equipment here can be seen in the multiple page gallery at this link. Leaf Aptus II-8 Digital Back. 40 megapixels. Mamiya Mount. Used for two years tethered only on a DF camera mounted to a copy stand. Never taken out of the studio. Dry cleaned...
  2. B

FS: Pentax K 24mm f2.8 SMC

Hi, Selling my Pentax K mount 24mm f2.8 SMC lens. Fun lens on a mirrorless camera. Note the 'fun' part, there is significant field curvature and I have to be honest given how often I've commented on it here, the corners do not ever really sharpen up due to it. However it's tiny, fun, wonderful...
  3. B

Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f1.4

Hi, As the alt 24mm lenses faster than f2.8 all seem to be rising in price (seen the price of the FD version recently? crazy!) or not so good in the corners I'm thinking about the Samyang/Rokinon 24mm f1.4 (thank you Stefan Steib for mentioning it to me!), albeit yes it's big and heavy on the...
  4. B

EFC shutter, so it can happen on the A7r...

Well the D810 has just been announced. One of the new features is Electronic First Curtain shutter. The argument has always been that the chip couldn't do EFC, now we see that it can. Too much to hope for a firmware upgrade but oh what wouldn't I give...
  5. B

Soft release for A7/r

Back when I first bought the camera I asked about a soft release for it. I ended up sticking a rubber button on it in the end. Seems that a company have done it properly now. I'm rather tempted. Lolumina introduced new soft-release buttons for non-threaded shutter release cameras | Leica News &...
  6. B

Alt lenses and EXIF

Hi, Question. For those of us using non native lenses, are you amending the EXIF details to show your lens and taking aperture? I was going back over a couple of photos from a few months back and for the life of me I can just about remember the lens and can't for the life of me remember the...
  7. B

Tripod Plate

Hi Guys, Looking for a A7r tripod plate, non L, which will work with my RRS Lever release. They're not the latest lever releases which work with all plates. The RRS one does not allow the screen to tilt downwards apparently. The Markins looks perfect but I've no idea if it will work with the...
  8. B

Stop down focusing - Advice

Hi! With my manual lens wide open I can use peaking (somewhat accurate @f1.4) and zoom in view (very accurate but slow) to achieve good focus with my A7r. When however I'm at f4 and certainly by f8, it's all out of the window. Peaking is no longer accurate at all and zoom in focusing is every...
  9. B

The real manual

Hi Guys, Someone has posted this link up: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByhjwSiaYIYCSmtKcGZTYVJvNzA/edit?pli=1 It's the real manual for the A7/r not the crummy one available until now. I just finished reading through, it's extremely comprehensive, what you would expect from a camera manual...
  10. B

Pimp your A7/r

Buying my A7r tonight after a ridiculously convoluted decision making process :-) Helps that my boss has promised to buy it from me for the studio if I change my mind. Not as much information out there about all the accessory stuff that we buy with a camera when it comes to Sony. Specifically...
  11. B

Radiopopper PX set (Trigger+Receiver)

Radiopopper PX set (Trigger+Receiver), US Freq. Look great apart from some wear around the buttons. Does not include mounting unit for receiver. Selling due to having retired from wedding photography. Price is fixed and non negotiable, please no time wasters. $200 inc postage.
  12. B

C1-Express-Urgent

Hi, According to the P1 site, C1 Express doesn't do sessions. I have hundreds of sessions which are created with Pro. If I want to give those to a worker to crop and output to jpg, can that be done with the sessions I've made? Will Express read those sessions and will it output the jpgs to the...
  13. B

Repro Photographers in NY

Hi, Hope it's ok to post this here. My organisation needs a repro photographer to do a shoot in the JTS (Jewish Theological Seminary) in New York to photograph an incredibly important book, 56 pages, 112 sides. We already have the permission ready to allow access to the book and for use of the...
  14. B

Styles when shooting tethered - C1

Hi, Used to be with C1-6 that if you had a default style you shot to in a session, chosen in the capture tab then when you started a new session it defaulted to the same style. Now in C1-7 when I start a new session it refuses to default to the same style used in the last one. Having this...
  15. B

Tethering D800

Hi, We've had a D800e in the studio since around November last year, we haven't even gotten round to opening the box (bet that's gonna make some of you cringe :p ) as the repro station we bought it for had endless delays while we tried to find room for it and a person to work there. You know...
  16. B

C1: Mac won't read PC Sessions

Hi, I've just found out that macs will not read sessions made while on a PC. We shoot manuscripts in our repro studio tethered, each book or manuscript is a new session, very convenient, very easy to catalog. We now have over 1000 sessions, each a unique manuscript and some 150,000 files. We...
  17. B

Kinks in prints

Hi, I've got a couple of larger prints with slight kinks in them, the kind of thing you can only see if you hold the print up to the light at a certain angle. These are C prints. Anyone have any advice for getting rid of the kinks? Thanks!
  18. B

FS: (UK/EU) Canon 50mm 1.4 USM Lens

Hi, Well if I've bought the 50L then I'm afraid that my wonderful 50mm 1.4 has to go. Incredible copy of the lens, the only one I've never had to send in to canon for focus calibration. Sharp at f1.4, sharper and great bokeh by 1.8 and by 2.8 beats any other canon lens I own including all the L...
  19. B

Phase 80mm LS playing up

Hi, Our 80mm LS is playing up. It's set to f16 but at random will expose darker by 1/3 to 2/3 of a stop. When shooting books for repro this is a very serious issue. Just started recently and none of the other lenses are doing it. I cleaned the lens contacts but it didn't help. The lens has...
  20. B

Really great read.

Couldn't post this on most forums but in this gear agnostic forum I think it will resonate! LensRentals.com - A Corporate Connotation Big fan of Roger's blog. Always something interesting and informative there.