The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Sony RX100 III

Well that was brutal. Sold.
  2. K

Sony RX100 III

I need this gone, make me an offer. :thumbup:
  3. K

Sony RX100 III

Dropping the price to $420, including shipping, pp fees.
  4. K

Sony RX100 III

Price drop to $450
  5. K

Sony RX100 III

Feel free to make an offer if my price is too high. :thumbup:
  6. K

Sony RX100 III

Hi, I'm selling my Sony RX100 III. I've had it for a few months, but I really don't use it as it never really replaced my iphone as an always-in-my-pocket camera. It works perfectly and has only minor surface wear, the worst of which is a very small chip in the upper right corner of the...
  7. K

Mamiya C330S with 105 DS and 55mm Lenses

What are you asking for it?
  8. K

WTB: Sony RX 100 III

pm sent
  9. K

FS: Leica M3 DS - Fresh CLA / Leatherette - Super Clean

"Camera has no body damage whatsoever, no scratches or dings." Why not just post up the pics...?
  10. K

Portraits of Your Gear

I foolishly let this one "get away." A Canon VI-T with a 50mm f1.2. One of the prettiest range finders ever:
  11. K

Artful pics of flora...

I love flowers. And humor. :D
  12. K

You meet the most unlikely people around a desert campfire...

Small world, huh? He seemed to enjoy shooting with both his Leica and Canon equally, and recognized that they each had their respective strengths. For being a young guy, he seemed to get the appeal of shooting a manual(ish) rangefinder pretty well. Unlike some/many engineers, he is also...
  13. K

You meet the most unlikely people around a desert campfire...

So my girlfriend and I were camping near Death Valley over Thanksgiving break in a town called Tecopa. They have a hot spring under the town and, unlike the rest of drought-stricken California, all the hot water you care to bathe in. We were camping in a tent, but there were trailers and rooms...
  14. K

Best forum in which to place a rambling, general photography question?

Holy smokes, this subject is a minefield! I can see now why I was urged to do nothing and just wait. :ROTFL:
  15. K

Thanks for the feedback! Godfrey, I was considering a used digital M, but after seeing that the used lenses are going for double what I sold my kit for, that doesn't seem feasible. Dang. Wish I'd have kept my 35 and 50 luxes now. I'm not really in any hurry and I can afford to be patient...
  16. K

OK, I'll 'try' to keep this short. I was a wedding shooter who used to shoot film with Leica M's, then moved to Canon in the digital age. I quit shooting for hire entirely about three years ago, then two years ago I packed away ALL of my photo gear into storage and have been shooting with...
  17. K

Cool! It's more of a novella...so I'll post it up later. :thumbs:
  18. K

Hey all. I'm a long-time lurker and former photographer who's looking for some general photography advice, and I was wondering which forum was the best one in which to ask that question. It's not specific to any one brand of gear, so I'm not sure where to place it. I used to shoot weddings...
  19. K

"Budget" priced good monitor

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/612998-REG/NEC_P221W_BK_SV_MultiSync_P221W_BK_22_Widescreen.html It's my first "pro" monitor so I can't compare it to other "pro" monitors, but it's quite a step up in just ergonomics and functionality over the iMac I was using before. It rotates...
  20. K

Where are the Zeiss primes for Sony?

I understand what you're saying about the increased complexity of making an AF version for Sony, but from my POV as a dumb consumer, it really is as simple as that: With this camera I want a 35mm Zeiss auto focus lens, and Sony doesn't offer one. I'm flexible, I'd even be happy with a Zeiss...