The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

1 Nikkor VR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6

aksclix

I have recently searched for information on the CX mount to see how it compares with the Z mount, but I could not find anything in the official press releases announcing the Nikon 1 system. In contrast, the Z system announcement included technical details about the Z mount. Perhaps because Nikon did not have a direct competitor for the CX mount like it has for the FF Z mount (Pentax Q was smaller, m43 was larger). Perhaps because the customers for which the CX mount was intended were most likely not interested in such details.

I was able to find, from a 2020 Fstoppers article, that the CX mount has a 39.5 mm throat diameter, and a flange distance of... 17 mm :)
I also found a nice comparison of flange distances for different mounts at https://briansmith.com/flange-focal-distance-guide/
BTW, I have a Pentax Q7 and 3 lenses.. the size is impressive but the IQ is just acceptable :) it’s fun though.. I have mounted a Pentax 645 lens on the tiny body.. silly and fun 😀

Darin Marcus

Well, I went to the Z9 event at District Camera in Burke, VA, today, talked with the Nikon rep, and the Nikon 1 system is not coming back :)

On the other hand the Z9 is nice, the 100-400mm is not that heavy, the 26mm pancake on the roadmap remains a mystery, and they did not have a 24-120mm to play with. I ended up ordering the FTZ II.