The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

120 on an Arca RM3di

bomzi

Can someone advise me on putting a 120 film back on an Arca RM3di?
Arca doesn't seem to make a film holder so what would one use? And what adaptor plate would one need?

thanks!

synn

I am no expert, but I believe only the RL3Di can take film. The RM3Di is only for digital backs.

RodK

I am no expert, but I believe only the RL3Di can take film. The RM3Di is only for digital backs.
No, not true. All the R-line cameras can accept roll film holders or digital backs. The RL3di can shoot roll film holders or 4X5 sheet film or digital backs.

The R camera requires an adapter plate for the digital back to mount to the camera. A similar adapter plate is required to mount a roll film holder. The catalogue number is 080002N for the adapter plate and named "Film Holder Adapter 6X9 - N Standard".

"N" indicates the new style for the digital designed cameras, in contrast to older Arca-Swiss cameras designed for film and before digital designs were introduced. Ground glass holder frame is stamped with "N" to be sure and any adapter plates should match up to N or non-N ground glass.