The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x 50c now available

spb

I have the same Peak Design anchors and Leash neck strap and so far it is working well walking about.

Reactions: elm

Joe Colson

Are any of you using the Peak Design strap(s) with the anchors? Can you put the string of the anchor through the strap lug on the camera thus not use the O-rings?
No, the Peak Design anchor "strings" will not fit through the camera strap lugs. I use the Peak Design Leash strap and have installed the O-rings on the camera.

Joe

Godfrey

Thanks Joe!
Yes, I forgot that. I use the little oval split-rings (not o-rings ... geeky nit pick LOL!) provided with the anchors. :)

G

Reactions: elm

timwier

The 907x looks like a great option to replace a couple of current camera systems. I like to shoot vertical panos to stitch to a horizontal 6:4 or 2:1.
Is there a way to attach the 907X to a tripod in a portrait (vertical) position? I have not seen an L bracket for the camera anywhere at this point.

Jared

The 907x looks like a great option to replace a couple of current camera systems. I like to shoot vertical panos to stitch to a horizontal 6:4 or 2:1.
Is there a way to attach the 907X to a tripod in a portrait (vertical) position? I have not seen an L bracket for the camera anywhere at this point.
I am not aware of anyone making a dedicated L bracket for the 907 yet. You could use a universal bracket, though--it would fit easily enough. Wouldn't look super 'elegant' but it would be perfectly functional for this use. The only issue would be that the rear screen would be tilted at an odd angle with the camera oriented vertically. Otherwise, should be fine.

timwier

I also found an L bracket from Markins for the Hasselblad LH-4 which looks like it might work.

Godfrey

I tried three different L-brackets and found this one worked best: Desmond DAL-1 QR L Plate. I bought it from B&H Photo and it was very inexpensive. The Three-Legged Thing and the Arca-Swiss L plates work well too, but this one seems to fit the 907x best.

Click image for more photos of the 907x fitted to this plate.
The issue using camera plates on the 907x is the wide but narrow seating area for the plate. Plates which have rubberized material on the seating area often allow the camera to tilt when the securing bolt is tightened.

G