The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x 50c now available

nameBrandon

Waahhh! I came to be the first one to post it.. :)

You're too quick, Darr!

Exciting.. there ya go everyone. $6399! Will be excited to welcome some new 907x/cfvii50c owners to the club.

and ouch.. looks like they upgraded the rear LCD on the standard version.. so the SE folks didn't quite make out so well here.

Last edited:

darr

You're too quick, Darr!

Exciting.. there ya go everyone. $6399! Will be excited to welcome some new 907x/cfvii50c owners to the club.
Brandon,
Always been an early riser.
Whatever is in the email bin at the top, gets read, the rest 5,000+ messages I never get to.
I hate email, but a Hasselblad advertisement I will read with glee!! :ROTFL:

Best to you,
Darr

glennedens

I kept hearing about the rear screen upgrade, which I asked about in the grip and viewfinder thread, rats :)

You're too quick, Darr!

and ouch.. looks like they upgraded the rear LCD on the standard version.. so the SE folks didn't quite make out so well here.

dave.gt

Ha! Good to see it has arrived after, no doubt, waiting out the pandemic lockdown blues.

It is time for the rest of the world to enjoy such a beautiful instrument!

Blad to the Bone!😃😃😃

Godfrey

I added the announcement link to the "907x and CFVII 50c Availability" thread.

I'm happy to see the standard edition released now, and whatever the difference in the LCD screen doesn't bother me one bit. After all, the standard model doesn't have the cool black finish and the "On the Moon since 1969" plaque ... LOL! :D Seriously, I doubt the LCD difference would affect me at all. I'm delighted with my 907x SE and couldn't care less: I can't wait for my matching SE-colored grip and optical viewfinder accessories to arrive.

Even the price premium for the SE model doesn't bother me. It's nothing I didn't expect. :toocool:

And I'm doubly glad that many more people will now get the opportunity to enjoy this fine camera.

G

Steve Hendrix

Ha! Good to see it has arrived after, no doubt, waiting out the pandemic lockdown blues.

It is time for the rest of the world to enjoy such a beautiful instrument!

Blad to the Bone!😃😃😃

I am impressed with the price point, it is actually less than I had hoped for and expected.

It does not appear that the CFV-II can be ordered stand alone yet (without 907x), though I am checking on this.

Please do remember that there are other resources for Hasselblad purchase beside BH and direct from Hasselblad! Capture Integration, Dodd Camera, etc, etc.

Steve Hendrix/CI

anyone

Really nice that it is released now. Such a nicely matching back to the chrome bodies.

What I will never understand and accept is the higher price in Europe: why do we have to pay more than in the US? EUR price is 6.590 EUR. That’s a difference of over 1.000 EUR or 20% between US and EU retail price.

Last edited:

elm

Thank you for the post. Interesting when I went into the Hasselblad site soon after seeint this post and the OVF was posted as $399. It is now updated as $499!

Hope the prices on the Hasselblad site will be fixed so that we can plan on the final cost of the kit that all of us want to purchase.

Everyone enjoy your kit(s)! Please keep making great images and share with all of us! Please be safe and be well!

pegelli

What I will never understand and accept is the higher price in Europe: why do we have to pay more than in the US? EUR price is 6.590 EUR. That’s a difference of over 1.000 EUR or 20% between US and EU retail price.
European prices include VAT (about 20% in most countries), the US price is w/o sales tax. So my guess is that the revenue Hasselblad generates from the sale is about the same on both continents.

JAB

YES!

I pulled the trigger just a bit ago. It too some work to get there. The Hasselblad order system on line was overwhelmed!!

I have a PayPal receipt so far, but nothing from Hasselblad. I spoke to sales at Hasselblad so hopefully the order has been placed.

Very excited!!

glennedens

Godfrey, agree on the price and also it is great that more people will be able to access Hasselblad's system. Obviously folks have different needs, I'm probably one of the world's few legally blind photographers so the LCD display is a bit of a bigger deal for me, one thing I really like about the XiDii :)

The price is exactly where I understood and expected it to be to Steve's point and yes there are many very good dealers we are lucky to have! Although I do miss the fine folks and my nearly 40 year relationship with Terry and my friends of Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto.

Kind regards, Glenn

I added the announcement link to the "907x and CFVII 50c Availability" thread.

I'm happy to see the standard edition released now, and whatever the difference in the LCD screen doesn't bother me one bit. After all, the standard model doesn't have the cool black finish and the "On the Moon since 1969" plaque ... LOL! :D Seriously, I doubt the LCD difference would affect me at all. I'm delighted with my 907x SE and couldn't care less: I can't wait for my matching SE-colored grip and optical viewfinder accessories to arrive.

Even the price premium for the SE model doesn't bother me. It's nothing I didn't expect. :toocool:

And I'm doubly glad that many more people will now get the opportunity to enjoy this fine camera.

G

Steve Hendrix

Thank you for the post. Interesting when I went into the Hasselblad site soon after seeint this post and the OVF was posted as $399. It is now updated as $499!

Hope the prices on the Hasselblad site will be fixed so that we can plan on the final cost of the kit that all of us want to purchase.

Everyone enjoy your kit(s)! Please keep making great images and share with all of us! Please be safe and be well!

We have received our official dealer pricing, and the 907X Optical Viewfinder is indeed listed at $499.

https://www.captureintegration.com/hasselblad-907x-50c-now-available-for-order/

Steve Hendrix/CI

Last edited:

CedMan

Any Canadian have experience ordering direct from Hasselblad? I’m looking into details around tax and duty and how they are handled. Since the price would be similar ordering from the dealer (minus duty), but nobody listed it yet and I want to get in line :)

nathantw

Really nice that it is released now. Such a nicely matching back to the chrome bodies.

We still pay tax, but it varies between states and cities. For me I'll need to pay 9.75%, so I'm paying $7024 for this camera if I buy it.

Godfrey

Steve, this is probably a silly question - any hints from Hasselblad of when they might start shipping the 907x?
The grip and viewfinder in SE finish were announced to be shipping this month, I suspect that might coincide with the standard edition shipping or precede it by just a short time.

Of course, estimating shipment dates is always a bit of a roulette game. I set my expectations loosely—if I see the SE grip and viewfinder accessories by the holidays I won't be disappointed, and if I see them at the end of August I'll be delighted. :D

G

Steve Hendrix

Steve, this is probably a silly question - any hints from Hasselblad of when they might start shipping the 907x?

Hi Glenn -

There were many months between the Special Edition announcement and beginning shipments, but this certainly would seem to be a different scenario, with the development work completed, the units should be ready to build and go.

They have estimated shipments to commence end of this month. That feels close enough that I would be surprised if they did not begin somewhere around that time frame. But I certainly would expect initial shipments to be constrained in the quantity of units delivered, at least for a bit.

Demand wil be highest right out of the gate. So, for anyone really interested, I would order as soon as you're ready, as a few days or a week delay in ordering could mean a month or two delay in delivery time.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Godfrey

Godfrey, agree on the price and also it is great that more people will be able to access Hasselblad's system. Obviously folks have different needs, I'm probably one of the world's few legally blind photographers so the LCD display is a bit of a bigger deal for me, one thing I really like about the XiDii :)

The price is exactly where I understood and expected it to be to Steve's point and yes there are many very good dealers we are lucky to have! Although I do miss the fine folks and my nearly 40 year relationship with Terry and my friends of Keeble & Shuchat in Palo Alto.

Kind regards, Glenn
I miss the folks at K&S as well.

I was curious about the LCD difference in detail. Specs for the CFVII 50c LCD ...

CFVII 50c from 907x SE specifications list:
3 inch TFT type, 24 bit colour, 920 K dots (640 x 480).

CFVII 50c from 907x standard tech sheet:
3.2 inch TFT type, 24 bit colour, 2.4 M dots (1024 x 768).

The LCD size difference resolves as a 0.2 inch diagonal increase in size. That seems mostly inconsequential. The new screen has 1.6x more linear pixel resolution, which is a nice (if not huge) bump. Not earth shaking, but enough to be noticeable if you work with them side by side ... Which I doubt I ever will. LOL!

The LCD on the X1DII 50c is bigger still (3.6" diagonal) and has even more pixels (3.2 M dots) so if you're in need of more LCD in Hasselblad X system, that's the one to go for. I suspect they didn't use the same LCD panel simply because it wouldn't fit the back's dimensions without ruining the shape and making the LCD protrude in an annoying manner.

I can see well enough to focus the 21mm lens critically (the same with my Voigtländer 10mm fitted via adapter) and frame accurately with the older LCD display, so the additional size and resolution isn't of much consequence in my use. I can't imagine there is any disadvantage to the newer LCD, so it's all a plus. :)

G

glennedens

The size isn't as important to me as is the increased resolution, which helps me focusing manually, (the 3.6" display on the X1Dii is superb). So far, with limited experience and limited time with the 907xSE, I've found manual focusing is harder for me to get correct than on the X1Dii - I've only had 2 days with the camera so more practice is in order. When using XCD lenses autofocus is usually great, using the CFV50ii with the Rollie X-ACT2 is where I only have manual focus.

Refresh rate also plays a role, I find 60Hz is plenty and 30Hz EVFs (on some older systems) are much harder for me to use. So far really enjoying the 907xSE as well as continuing to use the X1Dii.

Luckily my eyesight is stable (just bad since I was born) - I should get around to posting some work here on the fun with MF images thread. For those of you in the Bay Area some of you might have caught my exhibit at Keeble & Shuchat back in late 2013 (Places, Spaces, Marks & Arcs).

Marginally related to "On the Moon since 1969" theme of the 907xSE, and way off this thread topic, some of you space buffs might appreciate my NASA drawings:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/science2art/albums/72157604704993975

Apologies for the diversion, now back to our normal programming :)

Kind regards, Glenn

https://www.flickr.com/photos/science2art/

I miss the folks at K&S as well.

I was curious about the LCD difference in detail. Specs for the CFVII 50c LCD ...

CFVII 50c from 907x SE specifications list:
3 inch TFT type, 24 bit colour, 920 K dots (640 x 480).

CFVII 50c from 907x standard tech sheet:
3.2 inch TFT type, 24 bit colour, 2.4 M dots (1024 x 768).

The LCD size difference resolves as a 0.2 inch diagonal increase in size. That seems mostly inconsequential. The new screen has 1.6x more linear pixel resolution, which is a nice (if not huge) bump. Not earth shaking, but enough to be noticeable if you work with them side by side ... Which I doubt I ever will. LOL!

The LCD on the X1DII 50c is bigger still (3.6" diagonal) and has even more pixels (3.2 M dots) so if you're in need of more LCD in Hasselblad X system, that's the one to go for. I suspect they didn't use the same LCD panel simply because it wouldn't fit the back's dimensions without ruining the shape and making the LCD protrude in an annoying manner.

I can see well enough to focus the 21mm lens critically (the same with my Voigtländer 10mm fitted via adapter) and frame accurately with the older LCD display, so the additional size and resolution isn't of much consequence in my use. I can't imagine there is any disadvantage to the newer LCD, so it's all a plus. :)

G