The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x 50c now available

elm

Can anyone share what size portable battery being used to power your 907x 50c? 10,000 mAh or higher? Glad to hear that you can power the kit using an external battery and also charge the battery (in camera and the hub). Thank you for sharing.

Godfrey

Can anyone share what size portable battery being used to power your 907x 50c? 10,000 mAh or higher? Glad to hear that you can power the kit using an external battery and also charge the battery (in camera and the hub). Thank you for sharing.
When I did the test I posted above, I just grabbed one of my no-name USB backup batteries and connected it with a USB-A to USB-C cable. They cost me about $12 each, I have a half dozen of them. They're probably about 5000-6000 mAh capacity, but I don't recall ever seeing specs on them.

USB power is generally always about 5V DC, with a unit load of 100mA for USB 1.0 and 150mA for USB 2.0. Most USB ports can output about 5 units. I'm not sure what the USB-C standard is.

I suppose that as long as you've got a USB-spec compatible power brick, it's simply: the higher the capacity, the longer you can run on the battery. The standard Hasselblad High Capacity Li-Ion Battery for X System is nominally 7.27V @ 3400mAh.

This running on a USB power input is a useful thing, primarily when operating in tethered mode and for studio setups. But it's somewhat inconvenient for general purpose use in the field. The standard battery, at $99@, is not so hideously overpriced that I'm likely to be hunting for external battery solutions. I haven't yet had to swap out a fully-charged battery even on my longest shooting session to date. :D

G

Reactions: elm

mristuccia

I see in the CFVII 50c Power functions a check box for "Power from Computer USB" ... Perhaps having that checked will enable an external battery connected via USB to power the back with the internal battery removed? Curious, I tried it...

With the option checked, the camera will not power up without a battery installed and with an external battery connected. However, when an external battery is connected and a battery is installed, it powers up and next to the charge state a power icon is displayed. Unplug the external battery and the power icon disappears. Connect an external battery with the option turned off, and the power icon is not displayed: the Power icon ONLY appears if the option is checked "ON" and the external battery is connected when the back is powered on.

So: I believe this means two things.
A- The back utilizes the installed battery as part of its voltage regulation/power control so you have to have a battery installed for it to function; I bet it doesn't have to have much charge in it at all to operate as it ought to.
B- When you have an external battery connected at power up and the option is enabled, the back draws entirely from the external battery ... perhaps until the external battery is exhausted, at which point it will draw from the internal battery. This last is conjecture, of course.

Using an external battery is not as convenient as having a couple of the regular batteries to power the back with, but it seems that it is an option if that's what you want to do.

I powered the back off as I was writing this but left the external battery connected. A few seconds later, the power button started to flash in the charging sequence, so it's obvious that an external power supply attached with the back turned off allows the back to engage the charge circuit to charge up the internal battery. :)
That seems the Mk II version of the option I've mentioned above.
Good to know that it still exists in the new model.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I use ANKER POWER BANKs . 13000mAh and also have a 26000mAh .
What you need is an ADAPTER cable from USB-A to USB-C . Anker supplies these with the power bank .

Reactions: elm

FloatingLens

Does the 907X have an integrated GPS? I was able to find some contradictory info about that floating around the web.

Likely, this is a copy & paste error from the X1D II, I suppose...

Last edited:

spb

Staff member
Does the 907X have an integrated GPS? I was able to find some contradictory info about that floating around the web.

Likely, this is a copy & paste error from the X1D II, I suppose...
There is nothing in the online manual which I just checked.

FloatingLens

There is nothing in the online manual which I just checked.
That's exactly my point! Since I have no XCD lens, I can't try it out IRL. I'd be curious if the GPS might be handled by the 907X body itself. The metadata is definitively not being written when working with the CFV II 50c exclusively.

Godfrey

I have looked at the 3fr files made with the 907x after hunting through all the system preferences for any way to turn on GPS. No way to turn on GPS. My conclusion is that the 907x does not have any GPS hardware in it.

spb

Staff member
Well OK I see your point. I have never had occasion to use GPS on my cameras before.

SrMphoto

Aesthetically the Hasselblad Hub charger is the nicest looking charger I ever clapped eyes on.
It is a great looking charger, indeed.
BTW, on the back of the Hasselblad dual charger, it says: "Manufactured by DJI."
I have the Nitecore charger as well but was never really happy with it.

FloatingLens

BTW, on the back of the Hasselblad dual charger, it says: "Manufactured by DJI."
Design by Hasselblad, software and electronics by DJI, would be my guess.
The way the charging LEDs are lit are very reminiscent of other DJI products!
I had that though the first time I powered my charging hub up. ;)
To summarise: exterior, finish and implementation are beautiful IMO.

spb

Staff member
Yes first thing I noticed was DJI as I have the La Cie/DJI CoPilot.......

Godfrey

My intent in buying the Nitecore charger is simply to have a backup in case the Hasselblad charger failed or was somehow lost when traveling. I always like to have a backup charger for every camera or other device that I need to rely upon upon. :)

Godfrey

Well OK I see your point. I have never had occasion to use GPS on my cameras before.
I've had GPS tagging on my iPhone cameras and also with my Light L16. Had it on a couple other cameras too. The only one I use it with intentionally is the iPhone. If it's there, I don't mind, I just have no particular need for the data.

G

Reactions: spb

tcdeveau

The Hasselblad X-remote is the same if I remember (I sold mine as part of a package with my 907x). I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the X-system accessories are manufactured by DJI from here on out.

The dual charger is awesome, the remote was very nice too.

SrMphoto

My intent in buying the Nitecore charger is simply to have a backup in case the Hasselblad charger failed or was somehow lost when traveling. I always like to have a backup charger for every camera or other device that I need to rely upon upon. :)
I also always carry a backup charger with me, except if the camera allows charging via USB-C. In that case, the camera becomes the backup charger :).

SrMphoto

The Hasselblad X-remote is the same if I remember (I sold mine as part of a package with my 907x). I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the X-system accessories are manufactured by DJI from here on out.

The dual charger is awesome, the remote was very nice too.
X-remote is also very beautiful. The idea is similar to the remote releases of the H cameras, but it is much nicer. It says: "Made in China".

• Thanks
Reactions: spb