The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

907x long time owners

I've been looking at these since they were first introduced and recently noticed that they seem to be out of stock most places. I'm speculating that this might potentially be due to a new 100mp model on the horizon and have decided to purchase while I can.
I was hoping I might get some comments from early adopters in regard to cosmetic wear, any service/relibality issues, or other thoughts that current and former owners might be willing to share. Thanx in advance.

Ai_Print

Well, "long time" is relative, these are not 30 year old 500CM's were talking about here nor do they allow you to shoot thousands of frames a day like a Z9. I used mine a fair bit with my V system and the 45P and it still looks brand new. I hear some of the earlier ones have had wear issues on the rubber buttons but that was remedied some time ago. I have had zero issues with my 907X / CFV II 50C, it's been flawless.

As for a CFV III 100C, I am skeptical if they will even do that. I felt pretty good about using V lenses 50mm through 180mm on the 50C sensor but the 100C on the X2D really puts them to the test. I would love to keep my 907X but I think I am going to have to sell it so I can get glass up to the task of the 100MP sensor when shooting wider than an 80mm.

GeorgeBo

One comment on the buttons. CI had Hasselblad replace the rubber buttons on mine before I purchased it from them last year (mint used except for the buttons). Less than a year of using it and really trying to take care of taking it in and out of the bag, the buttons are showing wear already. White edges showing and the button illumination showing through. If Hasselblad made any changes to the design/material used, they did not use them for my replacement.

Godfrey

I have the special edition version, "On the Moon since 1968", 907x/CFVII 50c. I've had it since January 2020.

Mine had a minor bug which finally turned out to be caused by an improperly made rear camera panel, allowing one of the spring-loaded contact pins for the back to finally fall out and disappear. Hasselblad fixed in Spring 2022, warranty repair with no charge to me. Beyond that, it has been flawless in operation and cosmetics, and makes stunning photographs. I enjoy using it a lot.

Over the past year and some, I've realized that as much as I love it, it's no longer the right camera for my needs and it's getting too little use. It is just too valuable and delightful a piece of equipment to treat as a shelf ornament. I'd started to advertise it in November but Things Got In The Way. I will soon resume my efforts to sell it and its lenses.

G

Maxx9photo

I’ve had mine for about 2 years and never have a single issue. Also, paint chip loss happened to the early batch .

SrMphoto

Well, "long time" is relative, these are not 30 year old 500CM's were talking about here nor do they allow you to shoot thousands of frames a day like a Z9. I used mine a fair bit with my V system and the 45P and it still looks brand new. I hear some of the earlier ones have had wear issues on the rubber buttons but that was remedied some time ago. I have had zero issues with my 907X / CFV II 50C, it's been flawless.

As for a CFV III 100C, I am skeptical if they will even do that. I felt pretty good about using V lenses 50mm through 180mm on the 50C sensor but the 100C on the X2D really puts them to the test. I would love to keep my 907X but I think I am going to have to sell it so I can get glass up to the task of the 100MP sensor when shooting wider than an 80mm.
You may need new glass with 100MP only if you plan to print larger or crop more than with 50MP.
CFV 100 would work great with technical cameras, and maybe even with SWC (BSI). If it has IBIS, it would be a great handheld camera as well.

Vinyl_TO

I've had mine for about 15 months now - so far from "long time" but the camera is holding up well. It takes beautiful photos and I think 50MP is a sweet spot between plenty of resolution and files that aren't so huge as to require lots of other upgrades (laptop, storage, etc). I love the form factor also. I use it with the 30 and 45p lenses. I'm waiting on the 90V to add to the set and then I'll be happy for a good long time. I have no plans to change or upgrade the body if a new variant is released. As for reliability - no issues yet other than in very cold conditions the touch screen can start to jump about and select things on its own. This have never been an issue for me though during normal operating temperatures. When this happens I find removing and reinserting the battery generally solves the issue. I want to stress this has been extremely rare (maybe twice over the time I've owned the camera).

Hope this insight is helpful.

B & H apparently got a new shipment from Hasselblad and I got a new one, along with a Open Box 65mm with 222 actuations.
Thanks to all for their observations.

Vinyl_TO

B & H apparently got a new shipment from Hasselblad and I got a new one, along with a Open Box 65mm with 222 actuations.
Thanks to all for their observations.
Congrats on your purchase. I've never been lucky enough to find a store-backed open-box deal on Hasselblad gear. Sounds like you probably did well. You'll love the camera.

Vinyl_TO

They’ve also got a 90mm in condition 10 that’s whispering my name 😊
I think the 90mm -- whether the existing 3.2 or the forthcoming 2.5 -- is a near-must for this system. It's a useful focal length for portraits, yes, but I like it as a "long" normal for landscape and documentary-style work too.

The one I've never been able to decide on is the 135. I've heard mixed reviews and as I'm mostly a landscape shooter a short tele would be nice -- it's just so big to take into the field. This is where I think the 90mm provides the right balance between size/heft for in-field medium format and telephoto length. If they make a 135 "V" version that's smaller and lighter I'll be saving my pennies to buy it.