The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A day at the Linhof factory in Munich, Germany

rmueller

Hi,

as mentioned in the thread over here https://www.getdpi.com/forum/large-format-cameras/68916-lf-field-pricing.html
I ordered a brand new Linhof Master Technika 3000 back in June for pickup at the factory.

So i took a day off yesterday and after a three hour drive to Munich I was standing in front of the Linhof factory.

The building itself itself is quite old (1935) and got rebuild after WWII, the interior is what we call retro today, it really feels like
you're going back in time, but in a nice and charming way.

One employee of Linhof handed over my MT3000 and explained every detail of it, he spend quite some time with me going through all possible adjustments, what to take care of with various lenses etc. pretty much everything to be considered operating the MT. Then he send me for a walk and lunch while he took my existing gear for service (all for free, Kardan GT adjustments, lens board re-mounting, ball head cleaning etc.)

All in all a beautiful day at the factory. If you live nearby Munich and are interested in LF I can highly recommend a visit.

Attached are few images so you get some impression, of course I was not allowed to take pictures in manufacturing itself.

Next weekend is secured for sure, can't wait to load sheet film and take this beauty out in the field.

Best Regards,
Ralf

Attachments

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Ralf
That is very kind of you , that you got my birthday present in time .
Looking very much forward to receive the parcel . 👍😜:ROTFL:

rmueller

Ralf
That is very kind of you , that you got my birthday present in time .
Looking very much forward to receive the parcel . 👍😜:ROTFL:
Done deal, if you send me the package you're expecting from Hasselblad in exchange :chug:

P. Chong

Nice report. I visited the Linhof factory once, years ago. Its a bit surreal, the building looks like its right out of 1960. But really cool stuff inside. Thanks for the report. Good memories.

lookbook

.. meinen herzlichen glückwunsch zu dieser schönheit ralf.

ich selbst war auch schon mal für zwei tage in münchen bei linhof.
sie hatten dort einen kurs zur kameraverstellungen angeboten und meine frau hatte ihn mir zu einem runden hochzeitstag geschenkt.
tatsächlich habe ich dort ähnliche bilder geknipst, wie du sie auch gemacht hast.

ich hatte meine kamera vorher schon gekauft und war glücklich nach der schulung zu wissen,
dass ich mir die richtige ausgesucht hatte!! : ).

also - viel spaß mit deiner "neuen"
und immer gutes licht.

uwe

rmueller

.. meinen herzlichen glückwunsch zu dieser schönheit ralf.

ich selbst war auch schon mal für zwei tage in münchen bei linhof.
sie hatten dort einen kurs zur kameraverstellungen angeboten und meine frau hatte ihn mir zu einem runden hochzeitstag geschenkt.
tatsächlich habe ich dort ähnliche bilder geknipst, wie du sie auch gemacht hast.

ich hatte meine kamera vorher schon gekauft und war glücklich nach der schulung zu wissen,
dass ich mir die richtige ausgesucht hatte!! : ).

also - viel spaß mit deiner "neuen"
und immer gutes licht.

uwe
Lieber Uwe,

vielen Dank für die netten Worte. Ich war 2005 auch schon dort, um am GF Workshop von Herrn Schön teilzunehmen. Dann habe ich lange nichts mehr mit GF gemacht und ich denke, Covid hat mich wieder dazu gebracht, über GF nachzudenken. Und die Technika ist sehr kompakt, anders als meine Kardan GT, die nur im größten Rucksack den es bei Lowepro gibt Platz findet.

Viele Grüße und ein schönes Wochenende,
Ralf

darr

Ralf,

Thank you for the lovely photos and for sharing your experience at the Linhof factory.
As I have said before, my MT 3000 is the best camera I have ever had.
I like your lens board and have never seen another like it.

Best to you,
Darr

rmueller

Ralf,

Thank you for the lovely photos and for sharing your experience at the Linhof factory.
As I have said before, my MT 3000 is the best camera I have ever had.
I like your lens board and have never seen another like it.

Best to you,
Darr
Thank you Darlene,

yes the lens board is really great, everything except for the shutter speed dial has moved to external controls, really easy to handle now and the 150mm fits well into the closed body.

Best Regards,
Ralf

arri

Thank you for your short report and congratulation for the new camera, I`am sure it were a great moment, who needs a new car, pahhh, a new Technika counts.
Always the best light for you and your new companion.
LF rocks

Paratom

Hi,
Glückwunsch zur tollen Kamera...ich habe eine alte Master Technika, und hatte damals auch den Workshop bei Hr. Schön gemacht. Das Gebäude finde ich super. Ich hatte meine Kamera und Obj. überholen lassen und dann....bis heute keine Aufnahme damit gemacht (mir nicht die Zeit genommen). Ich hoffe, du machst es besser als ich!!!

baudolino

Hi, congrats on your new camera. My recently eBay acquired Master Technika is presently in Munich with Linhof for CLA. We will see how long the service will take. I only exposed ten sheets of film with it before sending it in, but the experience was great - really solid and compact camera, smooth geared movements with center detents. Pleasure to work with.

rmueller

Hi,
Glückwunsch zur tollen Kamera...ich habe eine alte Master Technika, und hatte damals auch den Workshop bei Hr. Schön gemacht. Das Gebäude finde ich super. Ich hatte meine Kamera und Obj. überholen lassen und dann....bis heute keine Aufnahme damit gemacht (mir nicht die Zeit genommen). Ich hoffe, du machst es besser als ich!!!
Vielen Dank! Ich kann Dich nur ermuntern, mal wieder mit der 4x5" nach draussen zu gehen und zu fotografieren. Ich habe 2007 damit aufgehört, weil mir damals meine Kardan GT auf optischer Bank einfach vom Volumen zu gross war, die mit ins Feld zu nehmen. Die Master Technika dagegen ist sehr kompakt, wiegt weniger als meine MF Digitalausrüstung und entschleunigt in angenehmster Weise.

Liebe Grüße, Ralf.

rmueller

Hi, congrats on your new camera. My recently eBay acquired Master Technika is presently in Munich with Linhof for CLA. We will see how long the service will take. I only exposed ten sheets of film with it before sending it in, but the experience was great - really solid and compact camera, smooth geared movements with center detents. Pleasure to work with.
Thanks and hope your Master Technika will be in your hands soon. I really enjoy the Large Format experience again, such a pleasure to take the MT out in the field and coming back home with an image or two at a day.