The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

a "mini-digital SWC" ... Leica CL + Voigtländer 10mm, cropped square

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
No square emulated SWC crops for more than 2 1/2 years, can't have that.

After posting the one below yesterday I remembered this thread but it took a little time finding it, I thought it was in the Hasselblad forum but finally found it in the Leica forum 🤓, and now I've even used the right camera to be posting in this subforum :cool:

So my next try:
Antwerp "Nieuw Zuid", a whole new developed area on the spot of a former large railroad shunting yard

M246M + MC W-Rokkor 17/4
Nice use of the WA distortion, as it shows up in only one place!

pegelli

Nice use of the WA distortion, as it shows up in only one place!
Yup, the street lamp looks a bit weird, The photo is also using the "poor man's shift", it's almost the top of a vertical oriented shot, I guess about a 5 mm shift up.

MGrayson

Yup, the street lamp looks a bit weird, The photo is also using the "poor man's shift", it's almost the top of a vertical oriented shot, I guess about a 5 mm shift up.
To me, the street lamp makes the picture. It gives a line complementing the walkway.

pegelli

To me, the street lamp makes the picture. It gives a line complementing the walkway.
Fully agree, the street lamp as well as the shadow are important lines in the composition, only the lamp head at the top looks weirdly distorted due to the fact it's near the corner of the (shifted) frame.

MGrayson

Fully agree, the street lamp as well as the shadow are important lines in the composition, only the lamp head at the top looks weirdly distorted due to the fact it's near the corner of the (shifted) frame.
I meant the diagonal line from the distorted head. That’s what I like best.

Godfrey

Lovely to see you picking up the theme and resuscitating this old thread! And you're right: I haven't posted much on this theme in quite a while! I'll work on changing that... :D

Good stuf, but I love the photo of the escalators!

G