The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A short Aperture tutorial

Terry

Kevin. It looks good. If you are going to sell these I would propose a methodology where you can see it bigger (unless I'm a dunce and I already can). I would like to see the magnitude of some of the slider adjustments and unless you zoomed it, it isn't big enough for the viewer to see.

kevinparis

you should be able to view it as full screen - well at 1280 x 720 anyway.

there is always a compromise in whether you show the detail of the slider or the effect it is having.

As for selling - we will see

K

Terry

Duh....I missed the little resize in the bottom right corner. Ignore my last post!!!!!! Except for the part where I said it was good and useful.

emr

Kevin, I liked it and would be interested in seeing more similar ones! Although I'm still using Aperture 2 (I assume this was with version 3), many properties are alike. I've used the software for more than a year now and know still way too little.

LoSenior

Kevin,

Thanks for the informative tutorial. I found it very useful and well done.
Please continue to make additional videos for using Aperture 3.
I'm going to watch it again and try it on some of my photos.

Regards, Jerry

emr

any suggestions for things you would like explored?
Well, the thing is I don't know what I don't know. ;)

But I think that covering all the different basic controls and their use with different kinds of PP and pictures would be a good start. Also, your approach of beginning from the raw picture and ending up in the final picture and not showing bit and pieces here and there is a good one.

kevinparis

thanks emr

its definitely my aim NOT to cover every control and option, but rather to highlight the things i find useful in a way that makes sense.

I am a great believer of showing how things are done rather than telling

I have a couple of ideas of areas I'd like to cover in future episodes... but am open to suggestions

K

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Kevin, one tutorial I have been wanting for a while now is the Web Journal mini-app within Aperture 3—I simply cannot get it to work, at all. It is the only true glitch in my setup. Web Gallery works as advertised, but (for the life of me) I can't get the Web Journal one to work. Is this a bug, or is it my lack of understanding?

left a comment on Vimeo, BTW.

A final question: what software(s) did you use to make this?

Cheers, KL