The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

k-hawinkler

Sony A1 + Leica 28-90/2.8-4.5 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH.

Here is an old image from 2015.

Sony ILCE-7R + Leica 28-90/2.8-4.5 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH.

To check the sharpness of my lens I took a shot of a wood panel.

Sony ILCE-1 + TAP + Leica 28-90/2.8-4.5 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH. @ f/8.

Now a landscape shot at half resolution.

Sony ILCE-1 + Leica 28-90/2.8-4.5 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH. @ f5.6.

k-hawinkler

Sony ILCE-1 + Leica 28-90/2.8-4.5 Vario-Elmarit-R ASPH. @ f5.6.

Quoting from this article.

"Production Years – 2003-2009, Total Lenses Produced: 2,135"

Last edited:

sunnyboaz

Thanks, much appreciated.
The last image was shot at f/11. ;)

This one shot @ f/8.

Aha! Thanks for the info. So, even 90/2.8 Macro works for the Landscapes! That's good to know. I guess at f11, just about a borderline to the lens diffraction. On Fredmiranda.com, there has been a pretty deep discussion about Sony 90/2.8 macro vs. Voigtlander 110/2.5 Lanthar APO-Macro as a pinch lens for the landscapes. I'd like to see more of your mundane yet pleasant shots in the days to come as you have been doing so in the past:)

k-hawinkler

Aha! Thanks for the info. So, even 90/2.8 Macro works for the Landscapes! That's good to know. I guess at f11, just about a borderline to the lens diffraction. On Fredmiranda.com, there has been a pretty deep discussion about Sony 90/2.8 macro vs. Voigtlander 110/2.5 Lanthar APO-Macro as a pinch lens for the landscapes. I'd like to see more of your mundane yet pleasant shots in the days to come as you have been doing so in the past:)
Thanks I saw that. YAWN!
I just started this thread on FM.:cool:

It looks like we'll get some good participation there. ;)