The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

Knorp

Thanks, K-H. I've ordered one, hopefully this EA9 is tougher than its predecessor the EA7.
I fear my Summilux-R 80mm was just too far a stretch.

Kind regards.

k-hawinkler

Thanks, K-H. I've ordered one, hopefully this EA9 is tougher than its predecessor the EA7.
I fear my Summilux-R 80mm was just too far a stretch.

Kind regards.
Thsnk you Bart, good luck with your new EA9.
Please let me know how it handles the Summilux-R 80/1.4.
BTW where did you order the adapter from? URL? TIA.

Knorp

Well, fwiw - the website and confirmation email states 5-7 days for shipping.
But I'd be surprised if it were in my hands before the end of the month.
Ordered directly from Techart like I did for the EA7.

At first the EA7 handled the lens fine albeit with a little support from my hand, but in the end it was too much of a weight.
Although while still working over time it developed more and more play.
So now it sits on a shell ... :|

All the best.

Knorp

Benefits and Improvements

Improves the accuracy of the Eye AF feature
Improves the operational stability of the camera
Is this update improving ' Eye AF' for general purpose or specifically for people or animals, birds, etc ?

k-hawinkler

Is this update improving ' Eye AF' for general purpose or specifically for people or animals, birds, etc ?
Thanks Bart. Great question. According to

the answer seems all over the map, depending on whom you ask.
I only tried it on about two handful of small song birds and was impressed the green wire mesh around the bird or bird’s eye showing up whenever the bird was looking in my direction. Here is another example.

Williamson’s Sapsucker

again with FE 400/2.8.

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

You're getting really good at this birding, K-H ... 👍
Thank you Bart. I keep trying. Sometimes I get lucky. :)

Same gear. BEAF = Bird Eye AF works like a charm. Tracking is also a big help, provided one initially points the focus spot correctly. I now require for AF-C also to achieve focus before taking a shot. Luckily that lowers the frame rate somewhat. :cool:

A1 + FE 200-600 G has stunning performance, but isn’t perfect. Same holds for my other G and GM lenses, such as 20/1.8 G, 35/1.4 GM, 50/1.2 GM, 90/2.8 G, 100-400 GM, and 400/2.8 GM. Such a joy to use.