The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A7r, A7r2 - and why I'm keeping both ...

k-hawinkler

Santa Fe Ski Area 2-Frame Panorama

NEX-5N+560/5.6 Leitz Telyt-V+NEX-R+APO(2+2+1.4)x+R-V 14127, 135 film equivalent focal length 4.704m. :D

For comparison here is an image of the same Santa Fe Ski Area, shot almost a decade later.

Sony ILCE-1 + FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 2X Teleconverter @ 800 mm, f/11, 1/60 s,ISO 100.

The small highlighted area in the upper right hand corner looks like this.

and roughly corresponds to the older image, shown here again.

The older image shot on 2012-02-04.
The newer image shot on 2021-10-10.

k-hawinkler

In the review cited is an interesting reference to the 6.3 stops IBIs limitation if the Earth’s rotation is not taken into account.

To me very interesting discussion, including the comments at the end.
There is also this reference

to an interview with an Olympus IBIS manager, giving clues to which approach Olympus has taken to get beyond the 6.3 stops limitation if the Earth’s rotation is not taken into account.

BTW if for safety reasons someone else drives you around with a car in a tight curve and you observe the level shown on a camera LCD or EVF you will detect how far the level displayed is off the actual level. I guess camera accelerators and gyroscopes at work. :)

Last edited:

k-hawinkler

Capture One 23 - DxO PhotoLab 6 Comparison

Sony ILCE-9 +FE 35mm F1.4 GM (SEL35F14GM) @ f/11, 1/1250 s, ISO 100, Capture One 23, default parameters.

Sony ILCE-9 +FE 35mm F1.4 GM (SEL35F14GM) @ f/11, 1/1250 s, ISO 100, DxO PhotoLab 6, DeepPRIME XD.

Sony ILCE-9 +FE 35mm F1.4 GM (SEL35F14GM) @ f/11, 1/1250 s, ISO 100, DxO PhotoLab 6, DeepPRIME XD, DxO ClearView Plus Intensity=50.

k-hawinkler

DxO PL6 and PR3 offer these options for Denoising, namely:

High Quality - also does Lens distortion correction
PRIME - also does Lens distortion correction
DeepPRIME - also does Lens distortion correction, Global lens sharpening
DeepPRIME XD - also does Lens distortion correction, Global lens sharpening

I have used the last 2.
Unfortunately the last option delivers inconsistent results for high ISO images in my experience.
So for those high ISO images I use DeepPRIME.

For this image

DeepPRIME XD seemed to work fine.

For this next image

DeepPRIME XD seemed to keep quite a bit of noise especially in OOF areas of the image.

Clicking once, then double clicking on an image should show full resolution.