The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

• We are looking for a committed forum member who would like to help with administration and moderation of our forum. Good communication and writing skills would be appreciated. Please message Olaf if you are interested.

ACR Enhanced, goodbye to old computers?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It started last year, when my Mac Pro 4,1 running under High Sierra told me that it couldn't upgrade to the latest, greatest version of Photoshop. I can live with that, since it's basically my "archives" machine, not intended for heavy editing.

Today however, I installed ACR 23.3 on the 2017 MacBook 12", a machine that works surprisingly well with Photoshop. I thought I was going to try out the new Super Resolution feature that they have hidden under Enhanced. So I right-clicked on the photo and clicked Enhanced. But it said no no no no no no no.... no Metal, no play.

Which means that buying an older, pre-Metal Mac for photo editing might not be a good idea. There will be other features only working with Metal enabled computers later.