The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Add music and Titles on 8mm movie on DVD?

gurtch

Not sure where to post this. I had a 200 foot 8mm Kodachrome movie scanned and put on a DVD disc. The disc was shipped but I do not have it yet (scheduled for delivery July 6). I would like to add music and maybe a few titles. Is there software that would allow me to do this?
Thanks in advance.
Dave in NJ

Godfrey

I saw this exact question somewhere else and responded there. In summary: You need software to capture the DVD to editable content, and you need a video editing app. There are many of these tools to be had for both macOS and Windows systems.

I run macOS computers. I use WinX DVD Ripper for Mac by Digiarty to transfer the contents to either editable or MP4 files on the Mac, and then use either Apple iMovie, or Reel Director, or one of several other editors to edit and compose the end result I'm looking for, and output it either to a stream-able MP4 file or a DVD media. There are a lot of other choices too. From simple beginner software to high end pro-grade apps.

G