The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any experience with Mamiya 645 80mm macro?

volkerhopf

Hi all,
I will be getting a Mamiya 645 AFD next week and trying to find a budget macro lens for it. My dealer has an 80mm macro lens for a reasonable price and I was wondering if anybody has experience with this lens?
I would appreciate your comments.

Regards
Volker

PSon

Volker,
The Mamiya M645 Macro lens 4.0/120 is a very sharp lens and is very affordable. The 4.0/120 latest version for the AFD and AFD II also require manual focus. However, the latest version will not require you to stop the f stop. In medium format system, the 120 has been the key focal length for photographers.
-Son

volkerhopf

Volker,
The Mamiya M645 Macro lens 4.0/120 is a very sharp lens and is very affordable. The 4.0/120 latest version for the AFD and AFD II also require manual focus. However, the latest version will not require you to stop the f stop. In medium format system, the 120 has been the key focal length for photographers.
-Son
Thank you Son for this info. I was not sure if the 120 would automatically close to the preset f stop. Since I use manual focus most of the time anyway is the manual focus not a problem. I wonder how the focus confirmation will work.
Best regards
Volker

PSon

Volker, sorry for the long delay to respond but you will get focus confirmation with your manual focus lens whether they are from Mamiya or from Hasselblad adapted to the Mamiya 645 AFD system.
-Son

volkerhopf

Hi Son, thanks for your help. I bought the 80mm macro for the time being. The 120 is on my list for latyer when I have a bit of spare money. I have done some testing sofar with film and it looks quite good. Christmas I will get the Mamiya back and then I will really see how good my lenses are.
Volker