The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any Hasselblad 907x Chrome Control Grip or OVF received yet?

onasj

If so, please share your impressions! (Limited edition grip and OVF impressions are welcome as well).

nameBrandon

Looks like my SE grip is going out tomorrow, but I imagine will not arrive until Monday.. :( Curious to see how others are getting along with it.. I know at least 1 person here has had their grip for a while now.

SrMphoto

The grip is lovely for handheld shooting. Because of the added AF-D button, I may even use it on a tripod.
While I was initially disappointed in the OVF, I am getting used to it. With 45/p, the lens does not block the view. The OVF sticks out quite a bit, i.e., the camera becomes a bit unwieldy, IMO.
The original form (without add-ons) still looks best, but I am missing that AF-D button.

spb

Staff member
Interesting thank you. "The original form (without add-ons) still looks best," - I would agree with that, even before I have touched the addons.

Godfrey

My grip and OVF shipped yesterday, hopefully I'll have it in the next couple of days. They'll be a nice adjunct to the 45P and 21 mm lenses for hand-held work, give the 907x more versatility for that endeavor (IMO, it really needs a grip for hand-held work just like my SWC did). For tripod work, for me they're completely unneeded. I do most of my focusing with a tripod manually so AF-D isn't relevant and the touch screen along with the standard 907x discrete controls works just fine for managing the camera.

Different strokes, etc, apply. :) I just like working with this equipment so much!

G

usm

Got a test 907x with the view finder today. Coming from Leica M, I have to say:
Don’t know why to use this thing. It’s bulky, it’s dark, the frame lines are to thin.
The screen is so good. At least for me it is useless.

spb

Staff member
Good to know. I haven't ordered the View Finder, I wanted to see that before I went for it. I have ordered the Grip along with the camera though.