The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone use Canon Tilt-Shift lenses on the IQ3 100?

Gerd

... I have found a nice "Lens Visualizer Tool" here.
you can see which sensor size the different lenses are suitable for and which adjustments are possible.

https://www.dtcommercialphoto.com/support/lens-visualizer-tools/
Hello Uwe,

I think the mentioned image circle on the TS-E 17mm is not correct. Since I own TS-E 17mm and TS-E 24mm LII and use them on the IQ4 150, I can say that the shading of both lenses is roughly the same, from my point of view. The 17mm has a very slightly higher shadow, but in no case as high as the drawn image circle would suggest.

Greetings Gerd

lookbook

Hello Uwe,

I think the mentioned image circle on the TS-E 17mm is not correct. Since I own TS-E 17mm and TS-E 24mm LII and use them on the IQ4 150, I can say that the shading of both lenses is roughly the same, from my point of view. The 17mm has a very slightly higher shadow, but in no case as high as the drawn image circle would suggest.

Greetings Gerd
Hi Gerd,

I have already seen your pictures with this lens with very good results.
In fact, the image circle is specified at the factory as 67.2mm and perhaps corresponds to the largest possible adjustment on a canon?!

lookbook

... the 17mm lens has been entered in the list with a 52mm image circle, if i see it correctly ...
I'll write to them...

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Please see "Note 1" immediately underneath the Lens Visualizer Tool for our explanation of image circle sizes listed for the three brands (Rodenstock, Schneider, Canon). [I made this tool and also did the Canon testing]

Last edited:

lookbook

Please see "Note 1" immediately underneath the Lens Visualizer Tool for our explanation of image circle sizes listed for the three brands (Rodenstock, Schneider, Canon). [I made this tool and also did the Canon testing]
Thank you for the clarification and your good work.

So that means that the lenses from Rodenstock, with the same image circle, illuminate a larger image circle than those from Schneider and on the website the image circle from Canon was reduced to the comparative size of Rodenstock.

Would it have been possible to bring the image circle of Schneider to the values of Rodenstock as you did with the Canon lens?
This would have made everything more comparable.

Please excuse my poor English.
With best regards

Uwe

Hausen

Wakatipu Wharf-2.jpgI have been playing around with a Laowa 15 Zero D shift lens. I shoot mainly LE and have been waiting for a H&Y filter frame for it. It arrived this week and attached is an early test shot. Ground level with 8mm of rise. This is shot on my 907x. I like it so far. Seems pretty sharp and is wiiiide. It can get a little kinky with flare though. I am using the Nikon version. I also have the Mamiya 50 and Pentax 75.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Thank you for the clarification and your good work.

So that means that the lenses from Rodenstock, with the same image circle, illuminate a larger image circle than those from Schneider and on the website the image circle from Canon was reduced to the comparative size of Rodenstock.

Would it have been possible to bring the image circle of Schneider to the values of Rodenstock as you did with the Canon lens?
This would have made everything more comparable.
This is a case of the practical interfering with the perfect.

Your suggested approach (use the same criteria for all) would absolutely be both more fair and more useful than our current approach (use sharpness for Rodenstock and Canon, but illumination - per manufacturer - for Schneider).

Unfortunately, since they've been discontinued, the Schneider large-format lenses in question have become exceedingly hard to gather in one place to evaluate for image-circle sharpness. We have in our archives various backs with various Schneider digitars, but without the ability to evaluate them all at the same time with the same subject and back I'd be reticent to make a cutoff on that rather extensive line.

usm

View attachment 183014I have been playing around with a Laowa 15 Zero D shift lens. I shoot mainly LE and have been waiting for a H&Y filter frame for it. It arrived this week and attached is an early test shot. Ground level with 8mm of rise. This is shot on my 907x. I like it so far. Seems pretty sharp and is wiiiide. It can get a little kinky with flare though. I am using the Nikon version. I also have the Mamiya 50 and Pentax 75.
Hi!
Would it be possible to get some Raws from the Laowa/907x combo? Also please post some images of the setup. Thanks.
Mario

usm

Thanks, looks interesting.
Can you shot some urbanscabes or architecture?
But I guess it’s really very wide.
Mario

Hausen

I am away for a couple of days for my wife's birthday tomorrow and we will be biking a bit and visiting wineries so I will see if I can shoot and few of the wineries we visit.

Reactions: usm