The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss Cube

Jeffg53

I am thinking of selling my Cube but finding any for sale is nigh on impossible. This leaves me unsure as to what is a reasonable price. Any ideas?

tcdeveau

Classic or flip lock? Geared panning or no? Case or no? Where are you located? What’s the condition? Are you looking for a quick sale or no?

additional information would be helpful.

Other approaches if you’re unsure on price - list for what you’d want to get, see if anyone bites, and come down gradually over time. Checking out “completed listings” at the big auction site in the cloud can also give you an idea. There were 5 im seeing that sold on eBay (4 in US, one in UK) in the past 2.5 months in the 1225-1450 USD range.

Jeffg53

Thank you both. I’m not a fan of FM, or Ebay so will try here first. I trust that the new getdpi is as honest as it ever was.

kdphotography

Definitely try first here at GetDPI and also over at Luminous-Landscape----I think you'll find more interest for the Cube.

ron787

I'm Curious, why are you selling your Arca cube? I've just replaced my RRS BH-55 with a C1-GP Classic and couldn't be happier. But my use is for Macro and yours might differ.

ron787

Your C1 cover appears to be an elegant solution, mine is a bright yellow wash cloth (LOL). However, Arca does offer a costly leather case that can be ordered from B&H, but from the reports that I've encountered it is not form fitting, and the cube can rattle around inside. And if you leave your cube attached to the tripod, as I do, the case is virtually useless. The wash cloth acts primarily as a dust deterrent, since the cube/tripod combo is kept in the studio, no walkies for that pair. That said, I'm going to rummage through my dust collecting lens pouches to see if one will fit.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Side note.. where does one get a case for a cube after the fact?

This is my current solution.. big lens pouch.

View attachment 178140
This valuable hint has been given in the „the great tripod and head thread“ some years ago . I can‘t find the post anymore , but I use that Optec pouch for my cube since that time .
I think there is no better solution to protect your cube C1 when mounted on the tripod .

med

I use one of those Phase One pouches that I assume many of us have. It’s rather ugly and leaves stick to it, but it does the job!

Jeffg53

I'm Curious, why are you selling your Arca cube? I've just replaced my RRS BH-55 with a C1-GP Classic and couldn't be happier. But my use is for Macro and yours might differ.
I just don’t use it any more. I have a D4G which sees much more use.

tcdeveau

Thanks Ken, will do. Is LULA a thing these days?
It's still there and the For Sale section is active, but GetDPI sees more traffic and is livelier. Doesn't hurt to list at LuLa. As Ken said, here and LuLa are prob the best places to list. GLWS! I've been looking out for my own Cube but the timing isn't right for me.

Jeffg53

I am in no hurry It’s been sitting unused for a while now. PM me if you wish. I have a lot going on so won’t be rushing to sell.

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
I just had mine overhauled by Bob Watkins at Precision Camera Works the 2nd time in ten years (I should have used a pouch!), and couldn't be happier with it. It looks like hell, but works perfectly. Saved me a bundle too because the option was buying a new one.