The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Arca Swiss Phase One DB adapters IQ3 upwards

Vilpo

I have not found detailed information about Arca Swiss digital back adapters other than N and older non N standard. Since Phase One IQ3 and IQ4 digital backs have twelve contact pins compared to eight at IQ1 and IQ2, is there an updated adapter design with a wider cut out to make room for those extra pins?

I am using IQ250 back. In case I would like to rent or test IQ3 or IQ4 back, would I need a different adapter?AS_adapter.jpg

Paul2660

Arca makes a different adapter plate for the increased number of pins. However if you don't want to purchase this, I have been told that the older plate works, as the extra pins are not needed on a tech camera and thus the pins just get depressed by the plate. I though also that only the 4150 had the extra pins, not the 3100, but I am no sure on that.

I have a 4150 and the newer Arca plate which I use on my rm3di.

Paul

Vilpo

Thanks for your replies guys!

IQ350 and IQ3100 backs both seems to have those extra pins as well.

Last edited:

dchew

I used an IQ3100 for several years with an older-style plate that didn't have a larger cutout for the extra pins. Worked fine the whole time. Mine was Alpa, but that doesn't matter. Those pins are spring mounted; you won't harm the back by using an older adapter.

Dave