The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

vjbelle

Sorry for being so late to this wonderful thread. Much thanks to Will for starting this thread.

Lots of wonderful images..... thanks to everyone for contributing.

From a series in Burano.

Cheers....

Victor B

Attachments

Oren Grad

Re: Pizzarama

Good idea as it would get some of us to start looking!! :)
Yes, one could compile an interesting vernacular-culture photo collection on the theme. Unfortunately, there aren't any -ramas within my current restricted walking radius. But having seen your picture, once I'm able to venture further again I'm not going to be able to *not* notice them!

Shashin

This is a Japanese bar. "Come on" is a pun for kamon or flower gate, which is also written on the illuminated sign on the road.

vjbelle

From a trip to Spain in 2014. This image is one of the hill towns that I wanted to photograph and is a four shot pano taken in extremely adverse conditions. The wind gusts were easily 40 mph but there were lulls which I waited for. I easily shot 50 images and was able to assemble 4 that were shake free.

Ronda Spain.

Victor B

Attachments

vjbelle

I just love architecture and have tried, with my limited training, taking some images that other architectural lovers would like to see. I grew up in Milwaukee and although there wasn't much to see Architecturally they did create this wonderful visual on the Lake Michigan shores.

The 'wings' actually can open but with this image they are closed. It was extremely cold when I took this image but I just couldn't resist with the unique cloud cover and overall image.

Victor B

Attachments

Oren Grad

I'm enjoying everyone's posts. But I want to especially thank our Dutch and Belgian contributors, who share an eye for what we could call the slightly-out-of-kilter avant garde and have introduced me to several delightfully wacky buildings of which I'd previously had no clue. Great fun, and much appreciated!

Last edited:

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
San Gimignano towers. Rival families would compete to build the tallest ones.

"Mine are bigger than yours".

I believe quite a few have fallen down!

Attachments

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
A unique (for me) panorama. 80% of this is from a Mamiya 7II. The left 20% is Leica S, as I wanted to include the entire Majestic (Art Deco twin towers on the left). Blending Analog and Digital seamlessly was a lot of work, but the result, printed over a meter wide, is very nice.

These are all fairly famous buildings. The short one next to the Majestic is the Dakota, where John Lennon lived and was shot. It was the first building in the area, and there are pictures of it standing alone in a vast field.

Matt

Shashin

I find the history of the landscape fascinating. This is Tokyo Bay. I am taking this from Rainbow Bridge and about one mile off the mainland. The structure in the foreground is a fortification built in the bay in 1853 in response to the Commodore Perry arriving in Japan (the trees were added much later when converted into a park). After WWII, the bay was developed. The island in the distance is Odaiba, created in the post war period. It is also one of the sites for the Olympic games (ironic since the fort was to keep foreigners out of the country). The banks of the Odaiba has an artificial beach and oyster beds to preserve the natural habitat of the bay, even though there was never an island here (irony pt. 2). The bridge is the distance between the high-rises is Tokyo Gate Bridge, which marks the greatest extent of Tokyo into the bay.

If I had taken this picture in 1852 (ignoring the fact that the bridge I am standing on did not exist), there would be nothing but open water with the opposite bank of the bay on the horizon.

Last edited:

pegelli

The South-West entrance to the tunnel under the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam

Sony A6000 + MB Speedbooster + OM Zuiko 24/2.8