The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

pegelli

Rundown luxury resort on the seawall in Knokke (Belgium), in the meantime it's demolished :cry:. They tried to find money for a renovation but due to the high cost were unsuccessfull.

Sony A850 + Minolta 100/2.8 macro D

Reactions: B L

Audii-Dudii

I had to be in downtown Phoenix at 7:00 am this morning to drop a car at a body shop and when I found myself awake at 2:47 am with no hope of falling asleep again, I decided to leave the house a few hours early and explore the area around body shop and possibly even take a few photos. (Now you know why so many of my photos are taken at night!)

This neighborhood was new to me -- a passerby said it's known as the F.Q. Story neighborhood and consists of 602 houses built between the 1920s and 1940s -- I definitely plan to explore and photograph it further going forward. These are two of the small handful of photos I took before I tripped over a taller-than-expected curb and caused some minor damage to my FrankenKamera, thus ending my outing a few hours earlier than planned.

A7R | FrankenKamera V | C/Y 28-70 @ f8 and ISO 100

Due to the My Sharona virus kerfuffle, this was the first outing of any consequence that I've undertaken since mid-February. While I was clearly a bit rusty, everything came back to me soon enough and I am generally satisfied with the results. So much so, in fact, that I'm a little bit excited about the prospect of visiting it again soon and taking more photos! :D

Audii-Dudii

A7R | FrankenKamera VI | VarioZenitar-K 25-45/f2.8-3.5 | ISO 100 @ 1.3S and F8

A7R | FrankenKamera VI | VarioZenitar-K 25-45/f2.8-3.5 | ISO 100 @ 15S and F8

A7R | FrankenKamera VI | VarioZenitar-K 25-45/f2.8-3.5 | ISO 100 @ 6S and F8

Last edited:

pegelli

Morning view from our hotel window in Ljubljana

Sony A850 + Tamron 28-200XR @ 28 mm, LR stitch of 3 handheld exposures, click for larger

pegelli

Paleis Noordeinde in The Hague, the "working palace" of the king of the Netherlands

Sony A850 + Minolta 20/2.8

pegelli

Zaha Hadid designed this modern contraption on top of a former fire station. Together it's now the office of the Antwerp harbour authorities.
The crane and windmill pylon are not part of her design ;)

Zaha Hadid pointing the way

Both Sony A6000 + LA-EA4 + Sony 18-250

M

mjr

I've been in isolation for the last couple of weeks, arrived back in the UK and up to Edinburgh to start university as a really bloody mature student at the end of the month.

Made it out early to wander the streets and get my bearings, nice and quiet on a Sunday morning and hardly saw anyone. Found this great spot whilst looking for the library, lots of potential I think.

M

mjr

A couple more from the same place, I have been really tempted to pick up an xpan for film and so guessing that a 35mm will be somewhat similar to a 45 on an xpan/tx-1, I have shot with a view to cropping at 65x24. Clearly subject has a lot of impact but I think these work quite nicely in that format.