The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

pegelli

Something a bit older, Fort Ellewoutsdijk in Zuid-Beveland

The fort was built around 1830 to deny the separatist Belgians to use the harbour of Antwerp, in 1839 The Netherlands and Belgium signed a treaty opening the Schelde so the fort was no longer needed. In WW2 the Germans used it as a prison. Now it's a historic monument and nature reserve

Entry gate

Facade

Hidden from the water behind the high Delta dyke

All A7ii + Tokina 21/3.8 (MD mount)

pegelli

Today the weather was nice so I took bicycle ride to Fort 3, the most derelict Brialmont fort of those that are left around Antwerp. The dry moat and first floor of the reduit are flooded and overgrown (so it's not a dry moat anymore) and the outer walls are all taken out, only leaving the arches. Many bricks are coming loose and I guess over time the whole structure will collapse but given the fact most walls are over 1 meter thick brickwork it might still take some time. The buildings are all closed, I'm sure the real URBEX adventurers would have found a way but I found it too risky, so all these shots are from places that are public access.

Entry gate

The arches of the reduit with the outer walls removed

A look inside the reduit on the 1st floor (placed my camera/tripod inside through a hole in a gate and operated it from outside)

All Sony A7ii + LA-EA4 + Minolta 35/2