The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Auto LCC for for XT in Capture One - forgotten?

Paul Spinnler

Hi guys

Anyone heard anything about auto LCC and when - if - it will come to Capture One?

When the XT came out my understanding from P1's marketing incl. via its dealers was that the shift tracking feature of the XT system was included in view of later on including automated LCC correction via C1.

Now in-between XT's launch and today Covid happened, the PE firm split up C1 and P1 to allow for accounting transparency, management focus, etc. and I suppose if P1 wanted C1 to include a feature for the P1's cameras they'd be invoiced, on an at arm's length basis, the development costs of that feature.

Could be that someone in Athens is working on that feature, but also given focus on consumer features like pano and HDR and simplification of user interface, etc. it seems that the MFD community is being left behind.

Also no mention of the Rody 138mm - Rodenstock probably also primarily focused on industrial applications atm as is P1 who discovered, aeral, industrial and repro as a more lucrative niche than rich hobbyists and fashion photographers with enough cashflow to depreciate backs.

It is what it is - guess the ambition for this key XT feature has been forgotten.

Thoughts?

Paul

Steve Hendrix

Hi guys

Anyone heard anything about auto LCC and when - if - it will come to Capture One?

When the XT came out my understanding from P1's marketing incl. via its dealers was that the shift tracking feature of the XT system was included in view of later on including automated LCC correction via C1.

Now in-between XT's launch and today Covid happened, the PE firm split up C1 and P1 to allow for accounting transparency, management focus, etc. and I suppose if P1 wanted C1 to include a feature for the P1's cameras they'd be invoiced, on an at arm's length basis, the development costs of that feature.

Could be that someone in Athens is working on that feature, but also given focus on consumer features like pano and HDR and simplification of user interface, etc. it seems that the MFD community is being left behind.

Also no mention of the Rody 138mm - Rodenstock probably also primarily focused on industrial applications atm as is P1 who discovered, aeral, industrial and repro as a more lucrative niche than rich hobbyists and fashion photographers with enough cashflow to depreciate backs.

It is what it is - guess the ambition for this key XT feature has been forgotten.

Thoughts?

Paul

Paul, I don't know if we've ever made a statement on automatic LCC's. In my initial article on the XT, I asked the question how LCC's will be handled? It's logical to see the embedded shift positions as the potential preamble to automatic LCC's, although my experience even with the embedded LCC files in the Alpa A Series was not that positive (I found that my own custom LCC's were more effective). So I suppose we'll see ...

As far as the 138mm lens is concerned, I cannot comment on that other than to say that as currently constructed, the X Shutter and 138mm lens are physically incompatible. For the 138mm lens to become an option, some physical alteration would be required. I cannot comment further.

The industrial side of Phase One's business is currently experiencing substantial growth. I am all for it. The revenues from the industrial side contribute to a healthy company and extend the potential of the traditional (bespoke) side. But as far as auto LCC's go, I cannot say that Phase One has forgotten this feature, as I don't know that they ever made a promise of it. But to your point, I hope that they do eventually add this feature in an effective manner, as well as other features.

Steve Hendrix/CI