The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Availability of 907X and CFV II Back

Godfrey

I'm going to end up with ~$25k worth of these things due to my impatience.. just you wait.. :ROTFL: :facesmack:

At least we have a buy and sell board..
That's kind of how I ended up with two Salsa Beargrease frame sets ... LOL! But I'm not upset by it in the least. I've built one so far; the second I'll put together when I can go traveling with it more freely. Meanwhile, I keep adding niceties to the second one's future build.. :D

G

Godfrey

Tempting indeed, but if I can save a thou by waiting a few weeks for the regular versions w/o the moon labels then I will.:watch:
I wanted the black 907x Special Edition, and figured the extra thousand dollars it might be costing me was probably insignificant given the number of years I'm going to enjoy using it. No regrets at all... :)

G

nameBrandon

That's kind of how I ended up with two Salsa Beargrease frame sets ... LOL! But I'm not upset by it in the least. I've built one so far; the second I'll put together when I can go traveling with it more freely. Meanwhile, I keep adding niceties to the second one's future build.. :D

G
Haha, nice! Are you building them yourself? That's impressive.. I wouldn't even know where to begin to put the pedals on!

Well, B&H did let me order a second one. The order status is "new order" but shows an expected delivery date of Tuesday (1-day shipping). The old order still says back-ordered.

Plot twist, I put them both on the Payboo card which will just exceed it's limit with two of these.. this should be interesting.

SrMphoto

Haha, nice! Are you building them yourself? That's impressive.. I wouldn't even know where to begin to put the pedals on!

Well, B&H did let me order a second one. The order status is "new order" but shows an expected delivery date of Tuesday (1-day shipping). The old order still says back-ordered.

Plot twist, I put them both on the Payboo card which will just exceed it's limit with two of these.. this should be interesting.
Since you ordered one, and it still says In Stock, B&H had at least three of them :).

nameBrandon

Since you ordered one, and it still says In Stock, B&H had at least three of them :).
You would think.. but they still haven't applied the new stock to my back-ordered order. I wonder if they manually accept orders. Seems like something they would do. Maybe it's an overnight batch type update that happens with backorders. Who knows.. will see what happens.

I do agree with you, most likely they received more than 3.

SrMphoto

You would think.. but they still haven't applied the new stock to my back-ordered order. I wonder if they manually accept orders. Seems like something they would do. Maybe it's an overnight batch type update that happens with backorders. Who knows.. will see what happens.

I do agree with you, most likely they received more than 3.
I know for a fact that they shipped at least 2: one for you ... and one for me :).

nameBrandon

I know for a fact that they shipped at least 2: one for you ... and one for me :).
And someone else, and I think that's it! It's back to "back ordered". Though I guess since I have 2 on order, someone who gets in soon should get theirs as well when one of my orders falls through.

Godfrey

Cannot tell a lie: I do the configuration design and component selection, then I hand the parts to the mechanic at my local dealer to do the assembly. I probably could do the build myself if I put myself to it, but I really don't have the full selection of tools I'd need for that, and I also really don't have the space to do it. Jake charges me a sensible amount and can do a full custom build in about four hours. :D

Well, you can call them on Sunday and straighten out the back-order issue. If you want to. ;)

G

jng

Brandon,

Ruh roh. It looks like it’s too late for an intervention although Dante would be proud to see you with 150 Mp. Enjoy!

John

Godfrey

Very nice, Brandon!

Makes me think I should do the same with the full 500CM + 907x kit ... but it's too much work using one arm only to pull out, set up, and photograph all that stuff, and then a lot of work to put it all away again. A little beauty shot for a future moment. :D

G

SrMphoto

It's a beauty (image taken with X1DII + XCD90).

I am using the RRS BQDS plate as it allows me to use a strap with a QD connector. Have ordered the DAL-1 plate that Godfrey recommended.

B0000638.jpg

P.S.: It is still shipping with a 128Gb SD card.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
You're getting off easy in Dante's world.
So , I should get 4 backs CFV II 50 c .
One for my 905SWC , one for my 500/200 series bodies , one for my ALPA system and one for the ARCA/SW 6x9 F-LINE METRIC with slide adapter .:ROTFL: What shall I do ? ? ?
Ohh Dante , please help .

anyone

So , I should get 4 backs CFV II 50 c .
One for my 905SWC , one for my 500/200 series bodies , one for my ALPA system and one for the ARCA/SW 6x9 F-LINE METRIC with slide adapter .:ROTFL: What shall I do ? ? ?
Ohh Dante , please help .
FYI, they are interchangeable, but that is not the Dante approach :grin::grin:

Last edited: