The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Availability of 907X and CFV II Back

Godfrey

Please let me know the correct DANTE approach .
I'm still a bit new to the Dante bit, but it seems the only proper Dante Approach to photographic gear is to just hand your paycheck directly to your camera dealer every week.

G

elm

Looks like the SE edition is finally done and no longer available per website at adormama.com. Lets hope the chrome (regular) version will be available at some point soon for the rest of us who didn't get a SE kit. Those of you who have one of these kits, please keep posting your photos and sharing your insight into the kit! Thank you in advance.

nameBrandon

Looks like the SE edition is finally done and no longer available per website at adormama.com. Lets hope the chrome (regular) version will be available at some point soon for the rest of us who didn't get a SE kit. Those of you who have one of these kits, please keep posting your photos and sharing your insight into the kit! Thank you in advance.
It does seems as if everyone is out of stock at the moment. Given my brief emails with the Hasselblad reps (who are awesome to talk to, by the way!) I did get the impression they were nearing the end of the production run, and that was a week or so ago. It's possible the most recent shipments that went out to B&H / Adorama, etc.. were the final shipments.

Godfrey

It does seems as if everyone is out of stock at the moment. Given my brief emails with the Hasselblad reps (who are awesome to talk to, by the way!) I did get the impression they were nearing the end of the production run, and that was a week or so ago. It's possible the most recent shipments that went out to B&H / Adorama, etc.. were the final shipments.
It's an amusing thought: The 907x Special Edition was celebrating the Apollo Landing of July 20, 1969 on its 50th anniversary. It was announced right about July 20, 2019. Seems fitting that the special edition product is fulfilled on or about July 20 a year later somehow. :D

I'm very glad I ordered it when I did and have been enjoying it a heck of a lot since March. I'm very lucky it arrived JUST before the various lockdowns and such. Life Is Good!

And at the rate my shoulder is improving, I might even be able to walk with it again in another month. LOL!

G

alistairsimmons

I have a customer in the UK who has been given a delivery date from Hasselblad of next week for his DB, having placed the order on Wednesday...maybe the supply tide is turning to our side of the Atlantic :)

A

JamesBell

I have a customer in the UK who has been given a delivery date from Hasselblad of next week for his DB, having placed the order on Wednesday...maybe the supply tide is turning to our side of the Atlantic :)

A
It is arriving Tuesday Al... I've just signed for your parcel too... thank you

PSS

Is there any indication when the non limited edition will be available and how much it will be?
I get that things are backed up and late but pretty soon people will be more interested in a X2D...
I love my X1DII and could use a 907/CFVII combo for certain applications and as back up but don’t need a limited edition...

nameBrandon

Is there any indication when the non limited edition will be available and how much it will be?
I get that things are backed up and late but pretty soon people will be more interested in a X2D...
I love my X1DII and could use a 907/CFVII combo for certain applications and as back up but don’t need a limited edition...
You're not alone! I think we're all waiting to see what will happen here. At some point we saw the emails come out and the chrome version featured on the Hassy site.. That's one of the reasons I've been tracking the stock status of the special edition so closely. I'm guessing they're waiting for those to sell out completely before putting out the standard version.

tcdeveau

Phocus IMHO has been improved a good deal in the last few years.

I have no feelings for or against it, though. I just use it because I have had HB cameras. If I had P1, I’d use C1.

The best thing about Phocus is that’s it’s a free download with no paid upgrades. iPad Pro tethering is also pretty slick with the X1DII/CFVII.

nameBrandon

Phocus IMHO has been improved a good deal in the last few years.

I have no feelings for or against it, though. I just use it because I have had HB cameras. If I had P1, I’d use C1.

The best thing about Phocus is that’s it’s a free download with no paid upgrades. iPad Pro tethering is also pretty slick with the X1DII/CFVII.
I am blown away by the iPad tethering and how well the mobile app works. It's really impressive.

The desktop app (at least the Mac version) is just there.. it works for tethered capture just fine and gets me my files on a monitor and hard disk. Then I just send them to my editing server and work with them in Lightroom and that's the end of Phocus.