The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

ejpeiker

The other day after I got done photographing this area of Arizona with a Sony a7R III which I am currently shaking down and the hyper-wide Voigtlander 12mm it was time to get some shots with my Phase One XF. I took the shot at bottom with the Phase and the Schneider Kreuznach 28mm lens and notice the a7R III/12mm sitting in my open backpack and thought of this thread so I just snapped off this quick shot :
View attachment 131644
Sony a7R III, Voigtlander 12mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/13s

AZ_WatsonLake68.jpg
Phase One XF-IQ3100, SK 28mm, ISO 50, f/11, 1/20s

kdphotography

There is no 28mm Blue Ring lens or it would be there ;)
I need to get some blue rubber bands.
We have blue ring rubber band upgrades (non latex even) available at CI in Carmel 2018.

Not Phase One approved, but I swear my lenses and even my Sony perform better now....

:ROTFL:

Blue RIng Upgrades.jpg

rmueller

I know this is more of a postcard image but I couldn't resist. First time in the city with a T/S adapter, so i can claim this
was a test only :p

IMG_1841 copy.jpg

And the result is here

2300B_1200.jpg

rmueller

Another one from this weekend in Chicago. When i retire I will work on a "Parking Garage spots to shoot the L, the definitive guide". This one is well known, it is on Wells Street where the L is making a nice "S" curve. Unfortunately at this time of the year and in early morning hours the trains are quite short. I have images (not shot with MF) where the train is covering the entire image which looks like a snake going into the city.

IMG_1838.JPG

And the result is here:
2246B.jpg

beano_z

Haven't posted here in a quite a while......mainly also because I haven't shot anything worth posting in quite a while. So here's a couple from the my recent Japan trip, will post scenes separately, which make it easier to manage the attachments it seems.

Here's one from the Chureito Pagoda, shot by many, especially during the Saruka bloom season. I wanted something slightly different so went for an extra long exposure to show off the cloud moments that day at the peak of Fuji San.

WechatIMG71.jpeg

Japan Tokyo And Mount Fuji Trip - 11-Feb-2018 to 18-Feb-2018 Mt Fuji 0004 Marked.jpg

beano_z

This one was shot from Lake Kawaguchiko, at sunset, but not on the lens pictures in the phone pic, the image form the 300mm didn't turn out as I would have hoped so I didn't make an edit of it.

This image was shot on the 35 blue ring and cropped to 617 ratio in post.

WechatIMG66.jpeg

Japan Tokyo And Mount Fuji Trip - 11-Feb-2018 to 18-Feb-2018 Mt Fuji 0001 Marked.jpg

beano_z

This one again was shot at the same location as the previous one, but at sunrise the next morning, using the 80/2.8 blue ring instead.

Looking back, I should've focus stacked to render the branches in focus for a more balanced look.

WechatIMG67.jpeg

Japan Tokyo And Mount Fuji Trip - 11-Feb-2018 to 18-Feb-2018 Mt Fuji 0002 Marked.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
While it's hard to judge from the web-size images, I would prefer the OOF branches so that they don't compete for attention, but act as a window treatment. Beautiful images, BTW!

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

beano_z

While it's hard to judge from the web-size images, I would prefer the OOF branches so that they don't compete for attention, but act as a window treatment. Beautiful images, BTW!

Best,

Matt
Thanks Matt for the kind comment. Maybe it’s just me, I kinda have a phobia of OOF details in the foreground, especially in landscape images :loco:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks Matt for the kind comment. Maybe it’s just me, I kinda have a phobia of OOF details in the foreground, especially in landscape images :loco:
Well, it's easy to tell someone else what they should do. :grin: I just looked through all my 4 and 5 star photos, and there isn't a single one with an OOF foreground! The closest example, where OOF elements are important, is

OK, next time, focus stack! :thumbup:

:D

Matt

beano_z

Well, it's easy to tell someone else what they should do. :grin: I just looked through all my 4 and 5 star photos, and there isn't a single one with an OOF foreground! The closest example, where OOF elements are important, is

OK, next time, focus stack! :thumbup:

:D

Matt
Haha that turned around quickly! Guess it’s time for me to figure out the focus stack capabilities of the XF! Feel like I’ve just scratched the surface with the features of the XF......

D&A

What beautiful images Beano Z! I am not up on all the digital backs, but yours says "Sony" I had no idea that Sony ever released a dedicated digital MFD back unless I am missing something?

Dave (D&A)