The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

Rand47

Alabama Hills, Eastern Sierra
GFX 100, 45mm 2 image stitch. I love the Eastern Sierra and especially the Alabama Hills area near Lone Pine, CA.
I’m fortunate to live half a day’s drive from the area. COLD February morning, pre-chosen sunrise location.

50314406-557D-4111-863D-86645D94E450.jpeg

80BE1E9A-D678-4F8C-B83D-EFD50EBAC63F.jpeg
Rand

Ed Hurst

I recently posted this on the main images thread:
Star Trails over Dee Why lagoon by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Here are some 'behind the scenes' pictures showing the ridiculous height required to get the picture. In the 'behind the scenes' shot, the car was included partly for a sense of scale. The top of the tripod is perhaps 3 metres off the ground and the camera higher still!
The cops pulled over at around 2.30am to enquire what I was up to - but were friendly and curious.
signal-2021-02-26-165844_002 by Ed Hurst, on Flickr
signal-2021-02-26-165844_001 by Ed Hurst, on Flickr

Greg Haag

We rolled into Bandon Beach, Oregon just in time for me to pull my camera out wade out into the edge of the water and get a couple shots before the the sun went behind a cloud bank. By the way, if it makes anyone other than me nervous seeing a camera unattended, my hand is just out of the frame.

IMG_4228.jpg

P0003678.jpg

Last edited:

diggles

The Denver skyline.

IMG-0161.jpg

Cambo WRS 1600 – Rodenstock 180mm HR Digaron-S – Hasselblad CFV II 50c
3 shot stitch with 5mm fall. 20mm left, 0, 20 right.

_HBLD-1084-1094-180HR.jpg

The same view with the 90mm APO Digitar taken just a few minutes later.
3 shot stitch with 5mm fall. 15mm left, 0, 15 right.

_HBLD-1115-1125-90SK.jpg

Finally, I went back to the 180mm and here is a two shot stitch taken with it.

_HBLD-1156-1161-180HR.jpg

Last edited:

rdeloe

The Denver skyline.

View attachment 182953

Cambo WRS 1600 – Rodenstock 180mm HR Digaron-S – Hasselblad CFV II 50c
3 shot stitch with 5mm fall. 20mm left, 0, 20 right.

View attachment 182955

The same view with the 90mm APO Digitar taken just a few minutes later.
3 shot stitch with 5mm fall. 15mm left, 0, 15 right.

View attachment 182957

Finally, I went back to the 180mm and here is a two shot stitch taken with it.

View attachment 182956
Nicely done Warren. Looks like your new outfit is working out very well for you!

diggles

Nicely done Warren. Looks like your new outfit is working out very well for you!
Thanks Rob! It's been a lot of fun. Sadly, since I am only renting the 180mm I have to send it back to Capture Integration tomorrow. What an amazing lens!

rdeloe

Thanks Rob! It's been a lot of fun. Sadly, since I am only renting the 180mm I have to send it back to Capture Integration tomorrow. What an amazing lens!
I've heard nothing but good things about that one. Jim Kasson (who hangs out at DPReview's medium format forum) has one and has been showcasing what it can do in his IR photography.

That Roddie lens is definitely not in my budget! But I do like that focal length. Until I can put together the funds for a lens in that league, I've been pleased with my poor man's substitute: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ydQw6aff8zArbeexV5XN9qtVGAi1Fn3r/view?usp=sharing This is 20mm left-right shift. Focus is 4.3km in the distance. It's for evaluation purposes so I exposed to the right and have done no processing.

diggles

Wow! Your 'poor man's' Componon-S is very nice! It's tack sharp throughout the whole scene. Have you tried LCC to clean up the vignette on the shifts?

FloatingLens

I've heard nothing but good things about that one. Jim Kasson (who hangs out at DPReview's medium format forum) has one and has been showcasing what it can do in his IR photography.

That Roddie lens is definitely not in my budget! But I do like that focal length. Until I can put together the funds for a lens in that league, I've been pleased with my poor man's substitute: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ydQw6aff8zArbeexV5XN9qtVGAi1Fn3r/view?usp=sharing This is 20mm left-right shift. Focus is 4.3km in the distance. It's for evaluation purposes so I exposed to the right and have done no processing.
Nice! Any problem with stray light with this kind of lens?