The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

Greg Haag

I posted this in "Fun with Medium Format", but thought I would show the BTS. I am new to macro, and to quote Socrates, “All I know is that I do not know anything”. Aside from my numerous other macro challenges, this morning wind was added to that. This was my makeshift setup to block the wind, a handheld diffuser and my dogs bed.

plant by door bts.jpg

Plant by Side Door-Edit.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I posted this in "Fun with Medium Format", but thought I would show the BTS. I am new to macro, and to quote Socrates, “All I know is that I do not know anything”. Aside from my numerous other macro challenges, this morning wind was added to that. This was my makeshift setup to block the wind, a handheld diffuser and my dogs bed.

View attachment 201170

View attachment 201169
Wonderful image!
New to macro, huh? I'm simultaneously impressed and demoralized. ;)

Greg Haag

Wonderful image!
New to macro, huh? I'm simultaneously impressed and demoralized. ;)
Matt, "demoralized" you can't pull on me I have seen too much of your work (that is one of the great things about this site so many great photographer to learn from). Thank you though!

Abstraction

View attachment 201170

View attachment 201169
That's lovely!! Kudos!

dj may

View attachment 201170

View attachment 201169
I do not know what I do not know; the unknown unknowns.

Greg Haag

We have a lot of Peonies in our yard and this is the first of this years crop coming out of the ground. Along with all my other macro struggles, it currently seems like the wind is my main nemesis. As they say necessity is the mother of invention, so I rummaged thru our attic and found this old lamp shade.

GFX 100s Pentax 120 Fugi 18mm extension tube 14 image stack
peonies small bts-1.jpgpeonies v4 small.jpg

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
We have a lot of Peonies in our yard and this is the first of this years crop coming out of the ground. Along with all my other macro struggles, it currently seems like the wind is my main nemesis. As they say necessity is the mother of invention, so I rummaged thru our attic and found this old lamp shade.

GFX 100s Pentax 120 Fugi 18mm extension tube 14 image stack
View attachment 201212View attachment 201219
Great idea with the lampshade . I will keep this in mind .