The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Behind the scenes

rmueller

Hi,

in the Medium Format section there is a thread "Behind the scenes" which I really enjoy. The idea is to show your setup with the final shot. I'd love to get this going for Large Format too, so let me start this with an example.

L1012169.jpg0464gf.jpg

Shot with 4x5" Linhof Master Technika 3000, Schneider Super-Angulon 5.6/72mm XL, Kodak Portra 400

Cheers,
Ralf

med

Nothing special, and includes a light leak from an unknown source (likely just before or after exposure), but this marked my first attempt at both developing sheet film at home, as well as “scanning” it with a DSLR. Overall I am happy with the results, although I was hoping the “scan” would be a bit closer to the older Imacon Flextight that I rent on occasion.

Attachments

anyone

Another one, snowboarding with LF.
BTS:

IMG_5548_web.jpg

Final Shot (unfortunately with light leak... )

LF_web.jpg

I had to walk a little for this shot, because the slope was just in preparation. While I was taking the shot, a snow groomer appeared, stopped and the driver was insisting on taking a picture of himself with the camera. It turned out that he photographed these mountains already for decades.

leejo

Spent 30mins waiting for a player to do some putting on the green then realised a golf buggy would be much more visible on the final image. What you see here is normally pisted in the winter. Oh, and it seems I ended up with some emulsion damage on the final negative...

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

309.jpg

leejo

The Villars Ultraks (a 42km trail run) and Le Tour de France happened in the village this weekend. These are from the digital back (CFV II 50c) but I also shot a total of 8 frames on film, which I am going to develop later this week.

The film also has different plane(s) of focus as I find I am limited in the movements with the digital back due to the crop factor (i.e. using the 90mm lens I have tighter movements compared to the roughly equivalent 210mm on 4x5 film).

88746586-E2D0-498B-93E9-09E36321866C.JPG

ultracks.jpg

A9BB8A94-05A9-407D-A416-62ACBFD94980.JPG

tdf.jpg