The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Benro Polaris

Fleica

Is this announced Polaris WiFi head a solution for the Phase One IQ 4 connectivity to the iPhone and iPad?

Fleica

Better options for iPhone compatibility with IQ4 back? The app is still pending.

Last edited:

PSS

I think the point of the Polaris is that you can remotely and completely control the head and camera from iPhone/iPad, some of the GPS controlled features sound amazing....not sure it works with all cameras and weight limits.....I don't think wireless transfer is a main selling point.....
I am never sure what to think of wireless tethering, I have tried so many different things, that tether tool thing looks good but in the end sending huge raw files wirelessly will always be somewhat limited....not a fan of cables in general but they do work for tethering....