The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best 907X Accessory I have found...

BlueIn2Red

I struggle a bit with my EVF-less 907X in bright light, and also when I need to very accurately check focus or composition and I'm not wearing my reading glasses. This inexpensive and simple accessory fixes both of those problems beautifully. It's very light, hardly noticeable around my neck, cheap (so no disaster if I lose it) and folds down quite small for bag storage. I'd actually also ordered the much more expensive Hoodman version, assuming this one would be poor quality (and also that I might need the diopter flexibility that the Hoodman offers), but thought it was worth a try anyway. Instead I was very pleasantly surprised at the optical quality, as well as the standard of build. It also fits perfectly on the 907X screen, resting there without needing to be held even when the screen is in the horizontal position. I've now cancelled my Hoodman order and will pick up another of these instead as a spare. I've no doubt the Hoodman is nice as well, but it turns out I don't need the extra weight or complexity that one offers.

(I have no vested interest, just wanted to share this with others in case it helps them as it has helped me!)

Godfrey

Looks similar to the Elvid Opti-View 50 for 3.2" screen that I bought, but at a third the price.

The Elvid has a two-part rigid body and affixes to the camera magnetically via a metal frame that glues itself to the LCD surround. Because of the small step in the 907x display framing, I cut one of the supplied frames so that the long edges fit within the step, and a second frame glues on top of that and the actual LCD surround. The magnetic mount allows the magnifier or shade part to stay in place regardless of camera orientation, and to be removed easily/quickly for touch screen access.

These kinds of magnifiers work well when needed. I don't find myself needing it all that often, however, probably because I find myself using the 907x out in the sunshine relatively infrequently.

G

emilediaz

Thank you BlueIn2Red. I love suggestions like this; an inexpensive and simple solution to a really annoying and niggly problem. Just ordered one.

ED

mristuccia

I struggle a bit with my EVF-less 907X in bright light, and also when I need to very accurately check focus or composition and I'm not wearing my reading glasses. This inexpensive and simple accessory fixes both of those problems beautifully. It's very light, hardly noticeable around my neck, cheap (so no disaster if I lose it) and folds down quite small for bag storage. I'd actually also ordered the much more expensive Hoodman version, assuming this one would be poor quality (and also that I might need the diopter flexibility that the Hoodman offers), but thought it was worth a try anyway. Instead I was very pleasantly surprised at the optical quality, as well as the standard of build. It also fits perfectly on the 907X screen, resting there without needing to be held even when the screen is in the horizontal position. I've now cancelled my Hoodman order and will pick up another of these instead as a spare. I've no doubt the Hoodman is nice as well, but it turns out I don't need the extra weight or complexity that one offers.

(I have no vested interest, just wanted to share this with others in case it helps them as it has helped me!)
I've bought exactly the same one some months ago. It works like a charm both as shader and as magnifier.

I was tempted by the Hoodman as well, but I always give some cheap options a try before going with the well established HQ stuff, especially when it comes to accessories.

I'm glad I can stay with this.

Rand47

I have a Hoodman, it’s good quality. But I ordered one of these based on your recommendation and was surprised at how good it it. Easily as good (if not better) than my Hoodman, lighter, and at least as sharp. It feels easier to use and see the whole LCD.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to pass on the recommendation. I have multiple camera bags for different types of trips / outings and these are cheap enough to buy a few of them and just have them “everywhere.”

Rand

diggles

The collapsible feature is a big plus over the Hoodman in my opinion. Takes up much less space in the bag. I have two of these from a different brand, but very similar, and keep one with each kit.

TechTalk

The Lensgo viewfinder suggested by the original poster looks like an excellent solution and the price is great! When I looked at it on Amazon's U.S. site, I also noticed another viewfinder there.

I'm curious if anyone has tried the Kamerar CVF-1 collapsible viewfinder, which uses interchangeable elastic bands to hold the viewfinder onto the LCD panel. One of the reviews on their site shows it attached to a 907X using the lower elastic band. Here is another view mounted on the 907X.

I don't own a 907X (though I may one day), so I haven't tried this. Just curious if anyone else may have used it on a 907X or another camera.

diggles

I'm curious if anyone has tried the Kamerar CVF-1 collapsible viewfinder, which uses interchangeable elastic bands to hold the viewfinder onto the LCD panel. One of the reviews on their site shows it attached to a 907X using the lower elastic band. Here is another view mounted on the 907X.
Kamerar is the brand that I'm using and I've been very happy with it. I use it with the 907x, but I just hold it up to the lcd. Attaching it as pictured looks like it works pretty slick.

GeorgeBo

I just opened my Lensgo from my Amazon US delivery today. For the money it seems very good. Thanks to the OP for posting this. Will come in handy in strong daylight shooting. The Kamerar that TechTalk posted looks promising too. The ability to use an elastic strap would be nice. Looking at the LensGo, it would not be that hard to modify with a little contact cement and elastic cord.

buildbot

The Lensgo viewfinder suggested by the original poster looks like an excellent solution and the price is great! When I looked at it on Amazon's U.S. site, I also noticed another viewfinder there.

I don't own a 907X (though I may one day), so I haven't tried this. Just curious if anyone else may have used it on a 907X or another camera.
Huh that looks perfect for an IQ3…just ordered one to try! 30+Apple pay made it a quick decision